[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Heart & Hand reporting Beale to be boards preferred option and should be announced soon. 

Mental to think he turned down Wolves and potentially hundreds of millions worth of talent to work in the SPFL but i respect the hustle. Shows he wants it. Lets go.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

I feel weirdly flat about it. There was a lot of shite football played under Gerrard but we did progress. But this feels like the easy choice, I guess like Gio was. It feels like a step backwards somehow, but if he gets the job then I hope for the best. No doubt he has coaching talent.

28 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Mental to think he turned down Wolves and potentially hundreds of millions worth of talent to work in the SPFL but i respect the hustle. Shows he wants it. Lets go.

I was told yesterday by an ex employee of the club that Beale was being interviewed, was preferred candidate, and is desperate to get back up here. His family loved it here, to be honest it definitely seemed that way.

Happy to reveal source, just not on here, as he's a good friend.

In a lot of ways Beale makes sense and you could argue he's shown under Gerrard that he's well aware of the importance of having a very fit squad and wants to play attacking football.

I guess its like signing players... unless you can afford to shop at the absolute top-end of the market, its always a risk.

Beale's low risk in terms of knowing the club, the pressures, the players, the league... but higher risk as he's unproven as a manager.

Something like Dyche is lower risk in terms of his proven ability as a manager, but more of a risk in the other areas.