[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

It's too early for Beale. He's been in the QPR job 5-minutes. 

I've seen this take a few times. IMO its correct. I think if we dont go for him now he will soon be out of our reach. But thats where we are. We need someone on the up and will be lucky to get an established 'big' name.

Just now, MacK1950 said:

Don't know anything about the managers from Europe so can't comment on them and don't anything to enthuse about in those from GB that are currently out of work,most due to poor results like Gio.

Therefore I have no answer.

What would be good though is to show the first team squad a video of the Acadamy Cup win for the under16's v Sceptic.Plenty of on the ground work/passing and few aimless crosses into box.

The simple truth is managers can only ever really be judged after they leave. Until that time, everything is uncertain. Before they arrive it's all a complete gamble.

9 minutes ago, craig said:

Maybe we should be looking at the Saudi coach......

As someone who takes an interest in middle eastern football I can tell you that his teams score very high in terms of xB.

That's the expected beards metric common in the arabian peninsula.

Quite different to the expected bigotry metric that we are more familiar with in Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Listened to the BBC podcast with him on it last night. Talks a lot of sense and knows whats needed. That's not me backing him for the job just think he has a good grasp on things. 

Its worth a listen for anyone (despite being BBC)

He also seems to get a lot of grief from our support at times which i cant understand at all. Always speaks well about us and clearly knows the club well.

He is desperate for the Rangers job.  Only job he really wants.  After we dropped 7 points behind he and I were chatting on Whatsapp and he said "I would still win the league from here", so doesnt lack confidence.

Would love to see him at Rangers, but think he needs a bigger job than Kelty before getting that chance.  He gets rejected for jobs because he refuses to be a "Yes man" - lost out on Dundee Utd job that way.

One thing - he knows what it takes at Rangers and wouldnt settle for half-hearted effort.  Still speaks fondly of Walter as being like a Dad to him so you just know some of that passion for Rangers has rubbed off on him.  He also appreciates the fact that he is better liked at Rangers than he is at Hibs, despite being a Hibs fan - once had to leave a game at Easter Road because of the vile abuse he was being subjected to.... in front of his two young sons... and this from a guy who had two stints at Hibs where he played for free.

Just can't see us giving him that chance - he also would make changes at Ibrox if he came in - again, he isnt a yes man and thinks that certain elements of the playing side of the club are being run very poorly - I wont name names though....

14 minutes ago, craig said:

Can't believe my old pal Kevin Thomson isnt on the list :D

I’d heard he would be part of Beale’s first team coaching staff along with Neil Banfield and a.n.other

Edited by RANGERRAB

11 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I've seen this take a few times. IMO its correct. I think if we dont go for him now he will soon be out of our reach. But thats where we are. We need someone on the up and will be lucky to get an established 'big' name.

The time for Beale would have been when Gerrard left.  We were top of the table, had someone who knew the players and was pivotal in how we played..... not dissimilar to Walter taking over from Souness.  However, right now, these players have chucked it.  Think it now needs something more - and I say that as someone who really likes Michael Beale and would have happily taken him as manager when Gerrard left

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d heard he would be part of Beale’s first team coaching staff along with Neil Banfield and a.n.other

I CAN tell you that KT always felt Beale was the brains behind Gerrad (like many of us did, except KT got to see it first hand as he was coaching the B team at the time) - I actually thought KT would go south and be assistant to Beale at QPR.  KT would, IMO, look at being second in command to Beale as "biding his time" until Beale eventually moved on - not sure how much patience KT would have for that though.

1 minute ago, craig said:

The time for Beale would have been when Gerrard left.  We were top of the table, had someone who knew the players and was pivotal in how we played..... not dissimilar to Walter taking over from Souness.  However, right now, these players have chucked it.  Think it now needs something more - and I say that as someone who really likes Michael Beale and would have happily taken him as manager when Gerrard left

Same line of thinking as me. Not sure why they didn't offer it to him then. Was an ideal opportunity. 

I still think he would do well if he comes in mind.