[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

I liked Beale and I think when Gerrard left, that would have been the time for him to take over the reins, now, I think we need a clean break.. We have a squad that has had minimal changes since Gerrard/Beale were last here and its gone stagnant as a result.. The concern with bringing in Beale would be that a lot of the players were from his time so he might be more hesistant to make sweeping changes.

For me, we need a manager who has had to manage a team which is expected to have the lion share of possession and know what to do with it to break teams down, rather than hold onto the ball for the sake of it.. At the end of the day, we have no say on who the manager will be but I just hope we get them in quick, so they can settle themselves BEFORE the players return to training

For what its worth, I picked Knutsen, a manager who hasn't been in charge of a team expected to have all the possession and break teams down 😂

I'm not overly bought into the thought of a tactical guru or an over thinker. I think a good man manager, motivator and someone who can work with whatever is at hand. Pretty much Walter Smith, Carlo Ancelotti or Hansi Flick. Someone that can own a dressing room and get the best from a squad no matter what.

That's why my vote goes to Dick Campbell.

In all seriousness outside of an 'old school' like one of the above I'm not sure that exists in the younger generation of managers.

37 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

There’s nothing wrong in pointing out a managers record as to why you would not wish him to be our next manager.

Absolutely, but there's also nothing wrong with a bit of balance. When the last managerial team left we were 4 points clear and hadn't got out of 2nd gear, and had that lot on toast, every game.

24 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

I liked Beale and I think when Gerrard left, that would have been the time for him to take over the reins, now, I think we need a clean break.. We have a squad that has had minimal changes since Gerrard/Beale were last here and its gone stagnant as a result.. The concern with bringing in Beale would be that a lot of the players were from his time so he might be more hesistant to make sweeping changes.

For me, we need a manager who has had to manage a team which is expected to have the lion share of possession and know what to do with it to break teams down, rather than hold onto the ball for the sake of it.. At the end of the day, we have no say on who the manager will be but I just hope we get them in quick, so they can settle themselves BEFORE the players return to training

For what its worth, I picked Knutsen, a manager who hasn't been in charge of a team expected to have all the possession and break teams down 😂

I think Bodo/Glimt are expected to have all the possession, domestically at least; they're the best team, so you'd expect the others to sit in a low block. 

That's partly the reason why I want him too. He's won titles playing a good brand of football, and is capable of putting a plan together for Europe too, where they would not expect to have all the ball. 

It's too early for Beale. He's been in the QPR job 5-minutes. 

I'm quite excited by Gerardo Seoane. That's the profile we need: a tactician, with a record of implementing a style of play - in his case high-pressing - and experience of managing and winning titles with a big fish in a small pond (Young Boys). 

I doubt Seoane is achievable so it’s Knutsen or Bakhar for me, from the very few options I am aware of. 

Absolutely no chance of our board signing off on a guy called Barak Bakhar as Rangers manager though.

Kevin Thomson in his podcast with Tom English made a good point: he said there's a world of difference between fighting relegation battles and managing Rangers' expectations: so that rules out Dyche. Knutsen would handle Keltic all right but I wouldn't be unhappy with Beale and Thomson as his assistant.

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Kevin Thomson in his podcast with Tom English made a good point: he said there's a world of difference between fighting relegation battles and managing Rangers' expectations: so that rules out Dyche. Knutsen would handle Keltic all right but I wouldn't be unhappy with Beale and Thomson as his assistant.

It was a good listen, Thomson talked some real sense. 

14 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I doubt Seoane is achievable so it’s Knutsen or Bakhar for me, from the very few options I am aware of. 

Absolutely no chance of our board signing off on a guy called Barak Bakhar as Rangers manager though.

He's without a club - which is not the case with the other two...

LET ME DREAM!!

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's without a club - which is not the case with the other two...

LET ME DREAM!!

Probably still getting paid 100k + p/w from Leverkusen but yeah dream away. He would be a good shout tbh. Him or Bhaktar for me. I think it might be Beale though. No coincidence he was up visiting recently..