[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

he said there's a world of difference between fighting relegation battles and managing Rangers' expectations: so that rules out Dyche.

Burnley had to get promoted too, so that doesn't rule out Dyche at all.  

45 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

he said there's a world of difference between fighting relegation battles and managing Rangers' expectations: so that rules out Dyche

I don’t think that’s a fair point. Dyche has had two full seasons in the Championship and been promoted both times, in 1st and 2nd and with 93 points both times. Those are big achievements with an unfancied Burney side.

I’m not in the Dyche camp, I haven’t been watching English football and I don’t know enough about him, but his record in the Championship speaks for itself. 

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about any of them.

I can see why Beale is being mentioned as he knows the club, the expectations etc and was highly regarded in his time here, but is he good enough to step up? Its also difficult to judge some of these guys in their current jobs because as we know, managing Rangers is a very unique position.

I am of an age now were I couldn’t give a monkey’s who’s the next coach he will still have to address the main problem and that is the present crop of players are just not good enough .

I have built buildings in the Uk and abroad and know you can’t construct a good building out of substandard materials,in other words you can’t make honey out of cats shite .

The list of names are all too well known for my liking. Too many recognisable vowels in the surnames as well.

I have been keeping an eye on some promising bearded managers in the Kyrgyzstan second division.

Wait untill you see xG for some of these guys. Through the roof for play, following on from throw-ins, during the key 25-38 minute stage.

Will post an utterly meaningless pie chart after I finish analysing some Turkmen five-a-sides, from September '22, at double speed.

Edited by ranger_syntax

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I have been keeping an eye on some promising bearded managers in the Kyrgyzstan second division.

From terrorism to trequartistas. From WMDs to MVPs. It's a great story.

I don't care WHO the next manager is tbh. As long as he can bring some fresh ideas and show progression with this under performing group of players, I'll be happy. 

First point to address on the agenda...can we end the current obsession with floaty corners? We have players that can deliver good dead balls but insist on diluting the potential impact of these by using these pointless out swinging dead balls. 

Oh...and win more games. Score more goals. Run more kms. Show more desire. Increase the tempo...etc. etc...