[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 21/11/2022 at 08:55, Tannochsidebear said:

I dont see any names at all on that list that inspire much confidence. Dyche would certainly have the fat Aussies number, but its hard to see it being seen as inspirational. Nobody who has been here before, so no SG or Beale, never even heard of some of the others, and this Knudsen chap who if im right is the Bodo manager, absolutely not, the pressure at Rangers is a million miles away from what he has experienced and I cant see how he would cope, with no British football experience.

Thankfully its not my job to get this right, and I must admit to having next to no confidence in Wilson getting it right. Gio was the clear pick last time and he wanted to come and it still took him 3 weeks to get it over the line, and with some of his player purchases in the last couple of windows, I am glad the World Cup is on for a distraction.

I am definitely not expecting a quick appointment. That would require planning and professionalism.

What British football experience did Ange have before coming in and how has he done ?

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

The list of names are all too well known for my liking. Too any recognisable vowels in the surnames as well.

I have been keeping an eye on some promising bearded managers in the Kyrgyzstan second division.

Wait untill you see xG for some of these guys. Through the roof for play, following on from throw-ins, during the key 25-38 minute stage.

Will post an utterly meaningless pie chart after I finish analysing some Turkmen five-a-sides, from September '22, at double speed.

Brilliant

5 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Wouldn’t want Beale. Many of the problems the team have now were present while he was an influential coach here. Resorting to constant crosses, possession based football for the sake of it (horseshoe) struggling to break teams down etc

I dont think we were horseshoe at all when Beale was here.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Can't believe my old pal Kevin Thomson isnt on the list :D

Listened to the BBC podcast with him on it last night. Talks a lot of sense and knows whats needed. That's not me backing him for the job just think he has a good grasp on things. 

Its worth a listen for anyone (despite being BBC)

He also seems to get a lot of grief from our support at times which i cant understand at all. Always speaks well about us and clearly knows the club well.

Don't know anything about the managers from Europe so can't comment on them and don't see anything to enthuse about in those from GB that are currently out of work,most due to poor results like Gio.

Therefore I have no answer.

What would be good though is to show the first team squad a video of the Acadamy Cup win for the under16's v Sceptic.Plenty of on the ground work/passing and few aimless crosses into box.

Edited by MacK1950
missed word