Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

Hi QPR fan here in peace. Good luck with this snake as your new manager. Take a look at his video to us after the Wolves fiasco just weeks ago talking about honesty and integrity, im here to do this job, etc etc.. Yes of course Michael.   Good riddance after 1 point in the last 5 games, 3 of which were the bottom three clubs. Im sure the six players you brought in including Balogun are impressed as well. 

Perhaps he just likes the name Rangers. 

49 minutes ago, DMAA said:

This is his stats at QPR. Some of my concerns shown there. Poor pass penetration and shot quality, while being strong in ball circulation and defence. I just feel Celtic have been better at us at getting to the byline for years and our recent coaches have really struggled to fix that. 

Does the above not represent a failure in the players and their lack of quality rather than the manager's influence on the game? We've all been around long enough that no matter what the manager wants, at the end of the day the people out there on the park have to perform and while you can blame the backroom staff for fitness, tactics et al, if the quality is not there out there or people simply continue to under-perform, what can he do?

Gio was hardly able to do much in terms of rotating people in certain areas, while I did blame him for not-chopping under-performers time and again. Yet, I also know that people on here saw no quality in Matondo or Wright either, so no matter how little countable results Kent produced, in those people's eye Gio did not do much wrong with Kent either.

Alas, Beale knows the place, the demands, and most of the players. You would hope that we will have more people back from injury and fit, a look at QPR's line-ups give me little hope that he will change much in tactics though. If we go on with Plan A, the pain will continue.

Simply cannot believe the negativity towards someone who had us playing great football in spells againstcsone really decent European teams .

Also there is no comparison between our Squad and QPRs , he also never spent a penny at them , competing with teams that had just dropped out the EPL and with 90million parachute payments. 

4 minutes ago, rbr said:

Simply cannot believe the negativity towards someone who had us playing great football in spells againstcsone really decent European teams .

Also there is no comparison between our Squad and QPRs , he also never spent a penny at them , competing with teams that had just dropped out the EPL and with 90million parachute payments. 

You've been arguing against a 'project' appointment for weeks - is Beale not a project?

I've always argued that Beale is a talented coach, but I just think this comes too soon for him; he's only been in the door 5 minutes at QPR, and his record his patchy. 

I see this as a disappointing appointment - mainly because there are better, more experienced options out there. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You've been arguing against a 'project' appointment for weeks - is Beale not a project?

I've always argued that Beale is a talented coach, but I just think this comes too soon for him; he's only been in the door 5 minutes at QPR, and his record his patchy. 

I see this as a disappointing appointment - mainly because there are better, more experienced options out there. 

I understand you point , but dont see it as a project for a few reasons , his previous knowlegdge and experience of defensive Scottish kick and rush/ defensive football , the club and the squad . We also know he can set a team up and play good football.

My idea of a project manager is someone who would simply start again , we dont have the time or money for these guys , again its only an opinion .

Edited by rbr

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We don't want better and we don't want experience. All we want is successor which there is no magic formula and judgement can only ever be made retrospectively.

16 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

sorry meant to ask , who would your preferred options be or were .