Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

Welcome back Michael Beale, go write yourself into the folklore of Rangers Football Club.

Said previously I was never against his appointment and I think we all knew he'd be back at some point. 

However, the appointment stinks of the board giving the job to a "safe" option, exactly as they done with Gio. 

I'll give Beale and the team my support and I hope MB becomes a Rangers legend.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think that Beale is a good choice.

Not perfect but good.

Perfect dos not exist. Very good is too expensive (or not interested), so I feel he is as good as it gets. If Beale can bring in the type of players to suit his system, then I'd give us some hope for the future. 

Edited by weebluedevil

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

I’m one who is underwhelmed by this appointment(if confirmed). What research into other managers did the board do? Did they interview anyone else? If the board have such a high opinion of Beale why not give him the job when Gerrard left?

Anyway we will all need to give him a chance now.

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

Wonder who they were if this is true? I doubt it is.

It is official, Michael Beale is the Rangers Gaffer.

Michael has my every best wish, I hope he is the most successful Rangers Boss of my approaching 60 years follow following Rangers.

Deliberately, I have stayed off the Forum this last month. I have been traveling, including 12 days in my Mallorcan pied a terre. Contemplation was needed because the last two away games against both the Perth and Paisley Saints highlighted a phenomenon that cannot be ignored.

The GVB year was a very good year. He took us to our sixth Euro' final, won the Cup and, successfully guided us through four Champions League qualifiers. He made the club a shed load of money. He was hampered by significant injuries to key players. In saying all that, he was Toast after Liverpool thrashed us 1-7 on our own midden. The details of that game are worth remembering - we were drawing 1-1 with thirty minutes left to play. We succumbed to an eight minute hat trick from a substitute and only some outstanding goal keeping kept the scoreline below double figures. Elements of our team stopped soldiering.

Our Board should have applied the maxim, always reinforce success. they did not, preferring to recoup their soft loan monies and, I do not think we can blame them for doing so?

During both Saints games, most of the teams refused to soldier.

I think Beale has an interesting problem. He has to find a way to install professionalism individually and collectively. Hard decisions must be made that will impact upon ambition. Leadership is required.

Just now, BEARGER said:

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

Wonder who they were if this is true? I doubt it is.

There is a rumour that Knutsen is one of them.

Apparently he was the least impressive by some distance.

6 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

It is official, Michael Beale is the Rangers Gaffer.

Michael has my every best wish, I hope he is the most successful Rangers Boss of my approaching 60 years follow following Rangers.

Deliberately, I have stayed off the Forum this last month. I have been traveling, including 12 days in my Mallorcan pied a terre. Contemplation was needed because the last two away games against both the Perth and Paisley Saints highlighted a phenomenon that cannot be ignored.

The GVB year was a very good year. He took us to our sixth Euro' final, won the Cup and, successfully guided us through four Champions League qualifiers. He made the club a shed load of money. He was hampered by significant injuries to key players. In saying all that, he was Toast after Liverpool thrashed us 1-7 on our own midden. The details of that game are worth remembering - we were drawing 1-1 with thirty minutes left to play. We succumbed to an eight minute hat trick from a substitute and only some outstanding goal keeping kept the scoreline below double figures. Elements of our team stopped soldiering.

Our Board should have applied the maxim, always reinforce success. they did not, preferring to recoup their soft loan monies and, I do not think we can blame them for doing so?

During both Saints games, most of the teams refused to soldier.

I think Beale has an interesting problem. He has to find a way to install professionalism individually and collectively. Hard decisions must be made that will impact upon ambition. Leadership is required.

A fortnight’s rest and recreation at Gullane would be a good start put some meat on the bones of our Jessie’s