Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Agreed. 

That's the modern game. Managers are coaches now; they have to implement a style of play, instil tactics and strategy, improve players etc.

Gone are the days where a manager just assembles a team, organises them ('four-four-f*cking-two!') and lets them go. Those types don't work now; the game is too complex. 

But is there any indication that fans have evolved accordingly? 😉

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

It reads fairly reasonable to me.  Instead of the gratuitous one-line dig, why not flesh out where he's wrong?

Yes, my response was beneath the standards of discussion found elsewhere.

I just found it too difficult, at the time, to respond to such a load of rubbish in any other way.

6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Beale has been in the door for 5 minutes and buster is worrying about alignment with the board. It is not possible to take that seriously.

I said... If Michael Beale and the board are on the very same page regards direction of travel, then it has a better chance of working.

The conversations before the contract was signed would have been in part abut trying to make sure both parties understood each other and were in general broad agreement about the way forward. 

Basic but important.

I feel very positive about the finances. Not perfect but I think that we are in a better position than we have been for a very long time. Experts might correct me. Either way we will be in an even better position when we free up the wage donated to Morelos, Helander et al.

Your positivity is subjective opinion that I don't share.

As pointed out elsewhere the act of managing expectations has zero purpose when dealing with football supporters. We will be happy if we win and angry if we lose. The idea that this will change if only we had some 'communication' is a very silly fairy story.

Supporters appreciate being told the truth. They can take on board narratives which might later be used to rationalise hard times. Obviously that doesn't cover everyone.

An example being the arrival of Gerrard and 'Stop the 10', which gave him three years.....opposed to Warburton's first attempt at the top flight being widely associated with 55.

Finally he makes a bizarre plea for leadership. In my estimation leadership has little to do with acting on the endless stream of irrational complaints that will come from any support. Again it is impossible to take stuff like this seriously. Almost every time that an opportunity to take responsibility emerges, in the form of shares, you will hear little above the cacophony of excuses.

Real (competent) leadership will result in less irrational complaints.

Fine, disagree with what I say but comments like can't take it seriously, fairy story and bizarre just make you look a bit silly, IMO.

Edited by buster.