Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Rangers learned to give incentives to subscribe to R.T.V.

Don't come crying after the transfer window.

Good for them  -  still far more Rangers fans without access to RTV than have access. 

Doesn't really bother me to be fare - stopped listening to stage-managed interviews.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

People are just giving their opinions. I’ve been on Rangers forums for about 6 years and the optimists have always mocked those who are more measured and they’ve been completely wrong far more than they’ve been right. I’ll back the manager fully, but there’s nothing at all wrong with people discussing the appointment openly.

Well that sounds reasonable enough .... especially if you've been on Rangers forums for all of (shout it) SIX YEARS. Except there's nothing "measured" about the sort of criticism being spouted about Beale and if there's any mocking being done it's probably not the optimists among us who are doing it. 

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

Wonder who they were if this is true? I doubt it is.

Well I certainly didn't get a call 😉

There is no good or bad choice of manager, certainly not on the day he assumes the position. There isn't even an underwhelming choice, despite the valiant efforts to try to imbue this concept with apparent wisdom. Those epithets can only ever be applied once the manager has a meaningful track record in the job to be examined.

There are really only reasonable and unreasonable choices and I think Michael Beale is a reasonable appointment as manager. We'll see much later on whether he has been a good choice.

In the meantime, anyone leaping into further judgement must have some other axe to grind. A bit like the endless crucifixion of Ryan Kent by certain Gersnet experts.

36 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Good for them  -  still far more Rangers fans without access to RTV than have access. 

Doesn't really bother me to be fare [sic] - stopped listening to stage-managed interviews.

Just finished watching the interview.

Probably the best interview I've ever watched in fact.