Anyone Attending the Club AGM?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

What? Aren't Club1872 (or anyone else for that matter) free to contact Castore (or any business) and ask a question? 

They won't get a response and would be silly to expect one but nothing stopping them asking.

Maybe their contributors asked them to approach Castore? I don't know I'm not involved.

For what it's worth, I spent (or wasted, depending on your viewpoint) a lot of time and energy sending Mr D Murray letters asking him various questions around Rangers knowing I couldn't/wouldn't answer them.

Give him credit, those he could answer, he usually did. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

What? Aren't Club1872 (or anyone else for that matter) free to contact Castore (or any business) and ask a question? 

They won't get a response and would be silly to expect one but nothing stopping them asking.

In the same way anyone is free to lob a brick at passing cars? You'll be arrested and go to prison but that doesn't stop you throwing it. 😄

Communicaton

I mentioned this as being an issue in the summer, alongside awful squad mgmt. and that the AGM would see an announcement regards progress on the stadium disability issues #TrumpetBlown

A few weeks later John Bennet came out on RTV to talk about communication issues. Shortly after, David Graham left the building. Thereafter, as the club stuttered on the field of play and several other issues came up that some/many fans weren't happy about, the board seemed to hide in a bunker.

The line about waiting for the AGM to complain became almost as popular as injured players being out until the World Cup Finals.

I just watched the AGM on Utube and Communication doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

Can anyone enlighten me as to who is doing the remit that David Graham left/was pushed from ?

What we saw post Bennet RTV videos, was a club that effectively didn't want to know about meaningful communication. I think because various things started to go badly/become an issue.

Communication remains an issue

--------------

God, it is a difficult gig to be in that boardroom.

- Costs Millions (for some)

- Stop 10

- European Final

But a couple of false steps and you are slaughtered.

Honest and timely communication would, IMO, mitigate the potential wrath you might have to face.

19 hours ago, CammyF said:

You have misunderstood what I said. I have no issues with the club insisting that Club1872 sign a NDA. What I have an issue with is part of that NDA stopping Club1872 (or however) informing their members/ contributors of any news / information they get from outwith Rangers FC without having it agreed by Rangers. 

Which essentially means the Club allow C1872 to carte blanche inform their members of whatever they wish - the previous Castore incident is proof positive that C1872 can't be trusted to be professional enough to know when they may be harming the club.

All the more reason to enforce an NDA with them.

What they did was essentially unprofessional, unethical, and something that shouldnt happen - they basically didnt get an answer from the club and tried to circumvent the club.  No wonder there is a lack of trust when that happens. 

19 hours ago, CammyF said:

They are free to ask whoever whatever they want but knowing and understanding that they will not get any information.

I could email Castore tomorrow and ask them anything I want. Nothing stopping me. If they could find the "reply" button (which they seem incapable of doing) they would no doubt (and rightly) tell me to bugger off.

They can, you are right.  But to then cry wolf because the club want to hold them to an NDA is disingenuous.  They circumvented the club when they shouldnt have.  They effectively embarrassed the club and informed the club that they were mavericks.  The fact they did it is embarrassing enough.  If they thought they were going to receive a reply which provided commercially sensitive information is just incredible naivety (at best) and stupidity at worst.  It all shows just why the Club is indeed right to not trust C1872 

The Club have an obligation to protect the club and its reputation.  That story came out about C1872 directly asking questions of Castore - and it WAS an embarrassment to the club (and C1872 by the way).

All of which points to the club doing exactly the right thing.

The only people to blame for the club enforcing a 3rd party NDA is C1872.  They brought it on themselves by circumventing the club in the first place when they shouldnt have.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Which essentially means the Club allow C1872 to carte blanche inform their members of whatever they wish - the previous Castore incident is proof positive that C1872 can't be trusted to be professional enough to know when they may be harming the club.

All the more reason to enforce an NDA with them.

What they did was essentially unprofessional, unethical, and something that shouldnt happen - they basically didnt get an answer from the club and tried to circumvent the club.  No wonder there is a lack of trust when that happens. 

The 3rd party NDA sounds like the club trying to enforce complete control over all "communication". That us unhealthy.

Club1872 were never going to get Castore to give them the information they were after. If they did, it would have been Castore in the wrong. 

This isn't about Club1872 v The Board, it's about the complete lack of communication from the board and their lust to control all communication to fans.

They are quite happy to throw "tit-bits" to the likes of FF when it suits them - they need to be more open, honest and transparent with ALL fans.

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The 3rd party NDA sounds like the club trying to enforce complete control over all "communication". That us unhealthy.

Club1872 were never going to get Castore to give them the information they were after. If they did, it would have been Castore in the wrong. 

This isn't about Club1872 v The Board, it's about the complete lack of communication from the board and their lust to control all communication to fans.

They are quite happy to throw "tit-bits" to the likes of FF when it suits them - they need to be more open, honest and transparent with ALL fans.

It would be unhealthy if the control of communication was to stifle a professional, ethical "partner" of the club.  C1872 gave proven themselves to be neither.  Indeed, they have doubled down by becoming King's stooge.  They are at the stage where they are essentially being openly hostile to the club - but you think the club should allow them to publish any 3rd party information they get ?  You don't think that C1872 would take a chance to rid the club of Park on King's behalf ?  Even if it means reputational damage to the club (and be mindful that they knew the Castore request would be harmful to the clubs reputation when they did that, and they cared not).

C1872 are, frankly, unprofessional, unethical in their dealings and certainly not to be trusted.  I would be more disappointed in the club if they didn't tie them to a 3rd party NDA.

Of course they were never going to get the information from Castore - which merely proves how stupid it was to ask in the first place.  Who would trust people operating like that ?

Unfortunately, it IS C1872 vs the Board - which C1872 have made abundantly clear in their communications this year, add the fact they are in King's back pocket and it becomes ever clearer.

The club SHOULD be looking to control communication - tell me what company wants communications to come from unofficial sources rather than official ?  We can complain about lack of communication, as we should - but C1872 is not the answer to improve that - they can't be trusted, they have proven that time after time.

Being transparent with ALL fans absolutely - but that certainly isnt C1872.  Being transparent, more communication etc is all perfectly acceptable to desire - but why shouldnt that come directly from the club ? 

19 minutes ago, craig said:

It would be unhealthy if the control of communication was to stifle a professional, ethical "partner" of the club.  C1872 gave proven themselves to be neither.  Indeed, they have doubled down by becoming King's stooge.  They are at the stage where they are essentially being openly hostile to the club - but you think the club should allow them to publish any 3rd party information they get ?  You don't think that C1872 would take a chance to rid the club of Park on King's behalf ?  Even if it means reputational damage to the club (and be mindful that they knew the Castore request would be harmful to the clubs reputation when they did that, and they cared not).

C1872 are, frankly, unprofessional, unethical in their dealings and certainly not to be trusted.  I would be more disappointed in the club if they didn't tie them to a 3rd party NDA.

Of course they were never going to get the information from Castore - which merely proves how stupid it was to ask in the first place.  Who would trust people operating like that ?

Unfortunately, it IS C1872 vs the Board - which C1872 have made abundantly clear in their communications this year, add the fact they are in King's back pocket and it becomes ever clearer.

The club SHOULD be looking to control communication - tell me what company wants communications to come from unofficial sources rather than official ?  We can complain about lack of communication, as we should - but C1872 is not the answer to improve that - they can't be trusted, they have proven that time after time.

Being transparent with ALL fans absolutely - but that certainly isnt C1872.  Being transparent, more communication etc is all perfectly acceptable to desire - but why shouldnt that come directly from the club ? 

It should come directly from the club, but it doesn't. That's the issue. The communication is abysmal a d that's down to the board. 

Robertson is no more than Motherwell standard, Park simply can't communicate and Bennett tried but came across as condescending. The was a reason the follow up interviews were pulled.

If we can't get communication from the board, where and how do we get it?

This ISNT about Club1872 v The Board, its about fans and shareholders (the life blood of the club) being communicated to in an open and honest manner buy the board.

Best In Class? My hairy arse.