The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Morelos has got to be out this window surely. I think he will struggle if he moves to a bigger league, not many teams will put up with his fitness and attitude.

Do we just magic up a buyer? Who's gonna take him if he is unfit?

44 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Do we just magic up a buyer? Who's gonna take him if he is unfit?

Quite a spectacular Rise and Fall of a player's value.

Someone out there will fancy a cut price Morelos, thinking they can get him back on the straight and thinner.

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

You don't need to magic up a buyer for a Colombian international, you just have to be realistic about his worth.

Not matter his nationality or if he's an international, who's paying money for a player who is injured (or unfit) and uninterested and who can leave for nothing in the summer?

Morelos had his best spell (all round) at Rangers after the January International break of last year. He returned from Columbia (after zero minutes) like a man inspired and looked the mature, strong and sharp player we had hoped to see develop.

Unfortunately, it didn't last for long as he picked up an injury. Gio had him play through it until he broke. 

At that point of approaching the final year of his contract, he more or less mentally checked out from Ibrox.

The faster he is gone, the better. 

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

On his own performance today I think we can assume he is off.

I thought he played well 2nd half. He bullied their defenders and this allowed Kent and especially Sakala to drive us forward. 

However he was average (at best) first half. 

We’ve known for  a long time now we need new players surely whoever’s job it is to get players should be identifying them letting them know we are coming for them and get the deal concluded as quick as possible but it appears to me when it comes to transfers we are a bit green behind the ears look across the city and that lot have moved quickly and sharply to bring in fresh staff .

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I thought he played well 2nd half. He bullied their defenders and this allowed Kent and especially Sakala to drive us forward. 

However he was average (at best) first half. 

I think he was worse than average 1st half. Sold a goal and missed a free header he should have scored. I was one of his biggest fans up until the start of this season but I think its time to move him on and get him off the wage bill. He has peaked as a player IMO.