The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Given we're out the title race, I don't see the point in loans. Best to develop/coach our own players. 

Thanks for that, here's me trying to remain positive about the remaining four months of football ,our recent unbeaten run under the new manager ,and some of the unpredictability that football throws up.

What the hell was i thinking about ?.

3 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Day 4 of the transfer window and now 38 days since Beale took over and still no additions to the squad. Our rivals, who really dont need to strengthen at all in this window, have already brought in 3 players, one of whom has already made their debut.

Anyone still think Ross Wilson is the right man for the job?

I find it difficult to blame Ross Wilson for us not signing anyone already as we don't know all the facts. It can depend on a number of issues including availability of the players we want and the finances available.

8 minutes ago, craig said:

It was Lille, their Chairman confirmed it on Talksport.

So the Chinese bid that our then board went to the trouble of trying to authenticate was bullshit?

Maybe it was a sideways dig at DK.

Edited by buster.

41 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Dont think Wilson was here when that came in so possible he wouldn't reference it

No, he wasn't but the wording in the AGM doesn't suggest it relevant.

Another thing re. AGM's

In 2019, DK said he'd been given numbers by Ross Wilson wrt squad value, current and projected.

In 2022, RW distances himself from them.

Relevant excerpts

8 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I find it difficult to blame Ross Wilson for us not signing anyone already as we don't know all the facts. It can depend on a number of issues including availability of the players we want and the finances available.

Agreed and Wilson would have been working with Gio on targets until he was removed. No guarantee that those targets would have fitted into Beales thinking / plans.

I would also assume that MB got some guarantees from Board on budgets and signings prior to taking over. 

Edited by CammyF