The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

28 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think he has the skill set, and would show it more with more technical and positive players around him. He is also tied down for the long term so is part of our future unless we get a bid. 

I dont think his heads in it anymore and if he is carrying an injury and needs an op as Beale suggested recently then sign Cantwell & Raskin, let him get the op and punt in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Seriously, Kamara has shown in the past he's a very capable player who can compete with the very best midfielders in the game but, for whatever reason, has completely lost his form and belief over the last 18 months.  His passing, positional awareness and anticipation have all been woeful since Euro 2021 and it's a pity as before then he was a key player for us.

If he can regain that form then, like you say, he could be part of an important unit which has bizarrely been allowed to rot and fester over the last couple of years.  

It’s been surprising, and he is one I hope can get a new lease of life as Beale puts his stamp on the team. The other thing I like about Kamara is his athleticism. At his best, he covers more ground than any other centre mid. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

It’s been surprising, and he is one I hope can get a new lease of life as Beale puts his stamp on the team. The other thing I like about Kamara is his athleticism. At his best, he covers more ground than any other centre mid. 

During his better form, we did use three deeper players in more a 4-3-3 where he was used on the left side of the deeper three.  In more recent times, it's been more of a 4-2-3-1 and he seems to have been used more towards the right side.  You wouldn't think a small nuance like that would affect someone so badly but perhaps it is a factor...

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I think he has the skill set, and would show it more with more technical and positive players around him. He is also tied down for the long term so is part of our future unless we get a bid. 

Kamara has shown many times he has all the skill in the world and he could/should be a key part of our midfield. The problem for Rangers appears to be in his head. As others have already said, he can't seem to maintain focus or application for any length of time and frequently looks thoroughly disinterested. I think the club and several managers have been more than fair to Glen but it's probably time he decided if he really wants to compete for a place or ship out. There's a lot of goodwill towards him among the support but it's starting to wear thin.