The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Off topic, but there was a hypothetical Austro-Balkan league conceived by someone on Reddit. I can't find it now. Purely hypothetical, but it looked a competitive, exciting prospect.

Similarly, an Atlantic league composed of Anderlecht, Club Brugge KV, KAA Gent, Standard Liège, Brøndby IF, FC Copenhagen, HJK Helsinki, AFC Ajax, AZ Alkmaar, Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven, Rosenborg BK, AIK Fotboll, Malmö FF and our two sounds exciting. It would certainly provide more money than we currently receive. 

Looks more like a Hanseatic League.

11 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I would give them £2.5m for Nisbet. 

I don't think that's too much. We were signing Kevin Thomson for that much 20 years ago. 

I doubt they'd accept it from us, though. 

20 years ago we had more money to spend than we have now - it was only 15 years ago though....

38 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

translation

UPDATE RASKIN: After Rangers' 2nd and 3rd bids were rejected in the weekend, Standard and the Scots found an agreement (broadly speaking) late last night. Transfer is basically completed today. 

Alternative translation 

SL want 1M

R: 1st bid 500k

SL want 1M and know R under pressure to land NR

R: how about 650k

SL: Naw

R: 750k

SL: No,  we know you want him and that you will end up paying price, get on with it.

Disclaimer: Not ITK, just made up BS.

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think SL want £2m for Raskin (might be Euros, not Pounds, though).

See disclaimer

I don't have a clue about front loaded quantums from warchest.

Edited by buster.

Just now, Devil's advocaat said:

I'd spend the money on him, personally I'm fed up of hearing fans say the league is gone, is it fuck.

Even if we don't turn it round, we need to claw it back, even if Tenko only win it by a couple of points, we need to build for next season off the back of that, compete, leave a bit on them, and come back stronger.

We need a lot of things but we are going to have to learn that money doesn't grow on trees.