The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

42 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd imagine most people who regularly pay to watch Rangers would like to see performances improve and for us to win whatever silverware is still obtainable. 

We've been poor for months and new recruits have been needed.

I'd imagine most people who regularly pay to watch Rangers would like to see a team that can be competitive in the League next season.

Beale has often mentioned "over the next two transfer windows". Personally, I think it is about having a squad going into next season (good squads win leagues) whilst 90 minutes at Hampden is anyone's game.

Football supporters tend to want cake all the time and our support in particular, have been spoilt in this regard for so long, we think it normal. We are also used to continuous loss making which is no longer viable.

It wasn't viable before and that eventually caught up with us.

Edited by buster.

2M Euros is a lot, however, waiting til the Summer brings a lot more competition for the signing and takes away the guarantee that we would get him as there would be no rush for him to sign a pre-contract with us, rather wait until see what teams come in for him.

The money has been paid this window to mitigate the risk of another club coming in and turning his head with a contract offer better than ours.... Or thats what I'm telling myself ;)

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't know a single Rangers fan who thinks we've been playing well this season.  

Surely we all want to win the cups!?

It is the duty of the club to be the arbiter of caution between the wants (fan demands) and needs (immediate requirement).

We have players coming on line, and players at the ready who can perform a satisfactory performance...and ARE.

I find it quite funny how myopic Rangers supporters are with regard to expenditure given our horrid past.

Conservative Finance...Conservative Finance.