Big Two Weeks

As always, every match is huge but with the recent mid-season break and new manager appointment, the three matches now take on even more importance.  

I'm confident we can beat Hibs, who aren't very good and their best player is missing.  Pittodrie is never an easy trip, so I'm not sure about that one.  Dingwall on the 23rd is one we have to win.  I maintain the 3-3 draw up there last season was where our campaign started to look doomed and we really need to be beating teams like Ross County if we want to challenge for the title.  

The next seven days will be good from a purely football viewing perspective due to the WC semis and final but let's hope Rangers can also provide us with some enjoyable performances. 

Edited by Gonzo79

We do have a couple of things in our favour as the year comes to an end.

Firstly, we have 2 days more to prepare for Pittodrie than the home team  (who will hopefully be coming down after beating Celtic).

Second, if we can get some positive momentum, then there is no break in January to halt it.

I think we need to try and look forward now.

What's in the past is done and we can't change it.  We have a talented new manager and hopefully an injury list easing somewhat as well.  As such, there's plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks as the league resumes.

In many ways, I think January will be a more important month for Beale with the Old Firm match and two cup games to traverse - not to mention the transfer window opening.  As such I believe these games will be the initial barometer of his influence on the current group.

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think we need to try and look forward now.

Couldn't agree more.  I think some are a bit too hung up on what's gone on/poor performances but it's time to refocus, in my opinion.  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Couldn't agree more.  I think some are a bit too hung up on what's gone on/poor performances but it's time to refocus, in my opinion.  

Can't blame folk for that.

Starting on Thursday, the team need to give the support a good reason to look forward.

It’s going to be a long grind to the seasons end a couple of cups on offer the league can only be lost by the horrors who I see are recruiting probably more nips the football has been dire I don’t know if that’s the way they are set out or are they mostly duds time will tell but a big all round improvement is badly needed.