• Fashion Sakala
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Steven Davis
    • Scott Arfield
    • Scott Wright
    • Rabbi Matondo
    • Ben Davies

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I've no doubt you're right. Gio's main job was to lift the squad and instil self-believe but his talent seemed to lie in sucking the motivation out of everyone. I think Gio is a really decent bloke who harbours genuine feeling for the club but found himself in the wrong job at the wrong time. Perhaps with fewer injuries and more stability in the squad things might have turned out differently but as it was he had to go and I hope he understands that. As far as I'm concerned he's one of us and will always be welcome back at Ibrox. I wish him well.

Sadly he was a manager that lost out at crucial moments.  And latterly he was plagued by bad luck with injuries.  A less technical but better man-manager may have been able to bridge the gap but that’s merely speculation.  I have a better feeling about MB though.  He’s Uber technical but able to relate much more to his players.  

8 hours ago, stewarty said:

Sadly he was a manager that lost out at crucial moments.  And latterly he was plagued by bad luck with injuries.  A less technical but better man-manager may have been able to bridge the gap but that’s merely speculation.  I have a better feeling about MB though.  He’s Uber technical but able to relate much more to his players.  

I liked the part of his recent interview when he said in the SG era he was the "bad guy" who was out "shouting" and "pushing" players during training. 

It appears (just reading between the lines) that MB believes the players have lost their edge and a little of their fitness this season (the players showed their fitness levels last season to be fair to Gio and his team).

Like @Bill I have a lot of time for Gio and hoped that he would be a success and was willing things to turnaround for him. But they never and his leaving was inevitable. He served as a player and a manager. I wish him well and he is welcome back at Ibrox anytime.

MB should profit from players coming back from injury which will make the squad stronger and add quality all over the pitch. Hopefully MB and his team to install togetherness and fitness into the squad and we all reap the rewards.

Edited by CammyF

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I liked the part of his recent interview when he said in the SG era he was the "bad guy" who was out "shouting" and "pushing" players during training. 

It appears (just reading between the lines) that MB believes the players have lost their edge and a little of their fitness this season (the players showed their fitness levels last season to be fair to Gio and his team).

Like @Bill I have a lot of time for Gio and hoped that he would be a success and was willing things to turnaround for him. But they never and his leaving was inevitable. He served as a player and a manager. I wish him well and he is welcome back at Ibrox anytime.

MB should profit from players coming back from injury which will make the squad stronger and add quality all over the pitch. Hopefully MB and his team to install togetherness and fitness into the squad and we all reap the rewards.

I'm now convinced this was just the effects of the work done by SG and MB. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm now convinced this was just the effects of the work done by SG and MB. 

You may be correct, but the fitness levels we showed during the Europa League run and in the SC semi-final and final were top notch.

Hopefully MB and his team to get the players back to those levels ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Yilmaz at LB in this set-up. 

We'll be waiting a while - at least another 6 weeks but given our injury history, it'll probably be longer.

I don't get the Yilmaz hype - granted he is a prospect but in the very little we've seen him in a Rangers jesery, he's not exactly set the heather alight. I'm not writing him off, far from it, I hope he turns into a player for us but it just seems he's the latest player who gets better and better the longer he is absent.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We'll be waiting a while - at least another 6 weeks but given our injury history, it'll probably be longer.

I don't get the Yilmaz hype - granted he is a prospect but in the very little we've seen him in a Rangers jesery, he's not exactly set the heather alight. I'm not writing him off, far from it, I hope he turns into a player for us but it just seems he's the latest player who gets better and better the longer he is absent.

No hype. 

It's just that he's a very offensive player that could be useful in MB's system which uses offensive FBs. 

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

No hype. 

It's just that he's a very offensive player that could be useful in MB's system which uses offensive FBs. 

Same could be said about Borna who we know can provide excellent service from the left-hand flank.

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Same could be said about Borna who we know can provide excellent service from the left-hand flank.

Absolutely. 

But, Barisic is a little more one-dimensional. 

I'd actually prefer to see Devine get a run of games over Barisic, though. 

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Absolutely. 

But, Barisic is a little more one-dimensional. 

I'd actually prefer to see Devine get a run of games over Barisic, though. 

It find it funny how little so many of us believe in Borna. He is a Croatian international and World Cup semi-finalist. 

During the WC break I watched some old YouTube videos of our European runs under SG and Gio and forgot just how many goals Borna was involved in. Same when I watch the 55 season. 

There is no doubt Borna is a confidence player, but on his game his delivery is the best we have at our club.