• Ryan Kent
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Steven Davis
    • Scott Arfield
    • Scott Wright
    • Rabbi Matondo
    • Ben Davies

I think this should be fairly easy, Tillman was miles ahead of the others, made the biggest impact on the game. 

I thought Alfie & Sakala looked pretty sharp although took the same runs a few times. The defence looked as bad on the park as it did on paper before the game. Tav is a shadow of his former self, Devine came onto a game late on but looked so obviously on the wrong side for an hour before he decided to just go and get outside on the overlap. Kamara & Jack were about as bad as i can remember in the first half, but both seemed to react to the boot up the backside at HT. Why did it need that?

Close call but Jack for me. He had an average first half and misplaced a couple of passes but pretty much ran the show after half time. steadied he defence them moved further forward, scored a goal. And 90 minutes. 

Tillman has sublime skill at times, Kent was industrious, Sakala has that great trait of directness, Divine showed well and will get the sentimental vote. 

The sheer contrast between the halves suggests a structural problem as much as anything else. 

Edited by Bill

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

Close call but Jack for me. He had an average first half and misplaced a couple of passes but pretty much ran the show after half time. steadied he defence them moved further forward, scored a goal. And 90 minutes. 

Tillman has sublime skill at times, Kent was industrious, Sakala has that great trait of directness, Divine showed well and will get the sentimental vote. 

The sheer contrast between the halves suggests a structural problem as much as anything else. 

This. 

Jordan Campbell in The Athletic noticed that Jack dropped deep to make a situational back-three, which allowed us to play around their front two, and freed up our FBs. 

I think we were a little more aggressive in pressing too, which allowed us to prevent them from playing those long balls, protecting our fragile defence. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

This. 

Jordan Campbell in The Athletic noticed that Jack dropped deep to make a situational back-three, which allowed us to play around their front two, and freed up our FBs. 

I think we were a little more aggressive in pressing too, which allowed us to prevent them from playing those long balls, protecting our fragile defence. 

Neither of Hibs goals we exactly wonder strikes and both should have been prevented by the players we had on the park … why they froze like deer in headlights is concerning but the way they shook it off after ht was also impressive and I suspect was as much to do with certain senior players as anything the manager said.