[FT] Dundee Utd 0 - 2 Rangers (Sakala 54; Tillman 57)

4 hours ago, compo said:

Sakala sure can run and jump 

Becoming the best option we have in our front-line. Colak injured again and doesn't seem to fit into Beales style. Alfie not at his best either.

Sakala and Tillman the two players who look most likely to score and create for us at the moment.

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

seem to fit into Beales style.

Hard to see how you think that as this was first game he has been picked.

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Alfie not at his best either.

Getting there though bullied scum defence and changed our attacking ability when he came on today.

8 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Hard to see how you think that as this was first game he has been picked.

Getting there though bullied scum defence and changed our attacking ability when he came on today.

Apologies - said I don't think Colak fits Beales style. I like Colak but can't see him fitting in. 

Agree regarding Alfie but he just seems a bit "off it". Hopefully as he gets more games he'll get fitter and better

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Apologies - said I don't think Colak fits Beales style. I like Colak but can't see him fitting in. 

Agree regarding Alfie but he just seems a bit "off it". Hopefully as he gets more games he'll get fitter and better

Morelos checked out long ago and needs shifted.

He looks like a decent Sunday Pub League player who has won a competition to be centre forward for Rangers. 

If we could at least free up his wage, we could look to bring in a replacement because we can't go with only Colak and Roofe, for obvious reasons.

We are starting games badly and whilst we have been able to come back from behind and win against diddy clubs (Hibs and Aberdeen), we couldn't eek out the win against better opposition.

Beale has made a positive difference but this team would still suffer heavy defeats if they had midweek CL games to contend with.

A work-in-progress that needs two stellar transfer windows, but with limited funds.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Morelos checked out long ago and needs shifted.

He looks like a decent Sunday Pub League player who has won a competition to be centre forward for Rangers. 

He's clearly not at his best and I agree we should be looking to part ways but I think that's a bit OTT.  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

He's clearly not at his best and I agree we should be looking to part ways but I think that's a bit OTT.  

You see a lot of players with his current build and mobility in non league football.

Probably in the Scottish lower leagues as well.

I think part of the issue was tactical. 

First-half was more of a 4-2-3-1, but in the second half we played more of a 4-3-1-2/4-3-3.

Sakala was noticeably higher and more central. 

I think having more bodies central allowed us to overload their 2 (they were ostensibly a 3-4-3, but obviously 5-4-1 without the ball).