^ the above would work better with hutton and smith as fullbacks - that way buffel and gow could be allowed to make intelligent little runs inside while the fullbacks still provided width.

Yeah I should have added Hutton would provide more width on the right. When Smith eventually gets fit he will do the same left side.

_____________McGregor____________

Hutton____Weir_______Cuellar____Papac

________Ferguson___Hemdani_______

__Buffel_____________________Gow__

__________Cousin___Darcheville______

So whats the thought on that team folks? You could also through McCulloch in there for hemdani or Gow.

IMO that team would kick SPL ass

Once Cousin and Darcheville are both fully fit we will probably see them together. Walter is still experimenting with personnel and although we're complaining about it, it's not surprising when he's only been here since January and brought in about 15 players in that time.

We still have to finish our transitional period and it's really next season before we can expect a settle side. However, if we keep playing like we can and have a settling in the second half of this season to have a strong finish, then I can see Walter rejoining the club of OF managers who win the league in their first full season, just like he did before.

However, I really can't see a place for Buffel on the right as we need someone there who can track back and defend. Even Novo seems a far better proposition there.

Gow will be fighting for a left berth with McCulloch, Beasley and Adam, so I doublt we'll see him much there.

I think both are more likely to appear in a 4-4-1-1 formation with Cousin or Darcheville up front and either player behind.

So whats the thought on that team folks? You could also through McCulloch in there for hemdani or Gow.

IMO that team would kick SPL ass

I would have McCulloch in my team every week, I would also have Boyd in my team every week! I would pick Naismith, Beasley, Novo or Adam before Buffel and Gow although I am looking forward to seeing Gow getting a chance soon.

:uzi:

I would have McCulloch in my team every week, I would also have Boyd in my team every week! I would pick Naismith, Beasley, Novo or Adam before Buffel and Gow although I am looking forward to seeing Gow getting a chance soon.

coming to think about it, i totally agree with this (aparts from adam). i do think gow's got something though, but he's thoroughly unproven.

Thats the purpose of a debate though.

McCulloch has slowed up recently despite a cracking game for Scotland on sat. I was one up for signing him since January and think he started the season well on the right but he hasnt been as good of late on the left. He wont play every game.

And I wasnt suggesting my team should start, just played / tried on a game like Falkirk at home when McCulloch and Co get a rest.

Edit: It was also in reply to Ascenders original point as to where Smith would play them if they get a chance as we didnt think Buffel would get a game in the same team as Ferguson, Hemdani and Thomson