[FT] Rangers 3 (Goldson 6'; Sakala 25'; Tavernier 45' pen) - 1 Kilmarnock

There were some players today who simply switched off at half time and stopped any momentum the team was trying to build. There's no better example than our captain who, in the space of five minutes, gave the ball away three times with atrocious passes straight to opponents ... but he wasn't the only one. Even when we weren't giving the ball away, some of the passes to team mates were so bad as to be virtually uncontrollable. 

I thought our midfield was imperious in the first half. Raskin faded slightly after half time but still had a very good game over all. Jack was excellent throughout but the star was Todd Cantwell who was at it right to the end. Because we got the team selection mostly right, we got 3 points today that in themselves will achieve nothing. Last Sunday we got the team all wrong and lost a trophy because of it. There can be no more talk of learning lessons, surely they've all been learned by now.

27 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Kent in the second half yesterday was a great example of how he slows us and our play down at times.

Constrast with Raskin who is a head up move forward football. If there is space he will run into it. If there is a forward pass he will play it.

Kent and Raskin were equally bad 2nd half. They were equally good 1st half. In fact, same can be said for most of the team. IMO only Cantwell played well for the whole 90mins.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Kent in the second half yesterday was a great example of how he slows us and our play down at times.

Constrast with Raskin who is a head up move forward football. If there is space he will run into it. If there is a forward pass he will play it.

On the other hand, it was Raskin who disappeared from sight as the second half went on. Raskin is a big step up from the likes of Kamara but I suggest it will be a few weeks before he's giving a good 90 minutes.

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

Kent and Raskin were equally bad 2nd half. They were equally good 1st half. In fact, same can be said for most of the team. IMO only Cantwell played well for the whole 90mins.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

On the other hand, it was Raskin who disappeared from sight as the second half went on. Raskin is a big step up from the likes of Kamara but I suggest it will be a few weeks before he's giving a good 90 minutes.

Neither of these points negate the overall view that Kent slows down our attacks in general, not just yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Tbh I'm hoping we don't re-sign him. 

It depends at what cost for me. 25k a week for 3 years and yes I’d resign. Anything north of that and I’ll be happy to let him go. I don’t think he has improved much since he joined and has

little chance of being sold

on if he does renew.

55 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Neither of these points negate the overall view that Kent slows down our attacks in general, not just yesterday.

They play different positions so need to bring different qualities to the team. 

Raskin has started well but despite looking class in 1st half yesterday, he was terrible in 2nd half (and as said previously, he wasn't alone). I'm hoping more game time will benefit him and he'll be able to drive us forward for 90 minutes. 

Kent, like many "wingers" before him can drift in and out of games and can frustrate. As an example, his run and cross yesrerday when Sakala missed for about 8 yards was outstanding. He needs to do this more, but I think we are a weaker team without him. 

Edited by CammyF