Women’s Team cost?

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Anyone know how much it costs the club to run the women’s team?

I don't but having watched them a few times this season, it's another part of the club that is regressing rapidly. 

Watched the 1st half today and its been woeful. 

I wonder what revenue is derived from the women’s operation. If there’s any sort of deficit, it’s not worth having. Everything the club does should be in support of the first eleven.

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I wonder what revenue is derived from the women’s operation. If there’s any sort of deficit, it’s not worth having. Everything the club does should be in support of the first eleven.

We can't afford to waste money scrap it anyway weemin don't play footie 

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

Could we get a decent goalie for that?

Times move and we must move with them.

If we do not continue to invest in the Ladies teams at the current level, we will be open to charges of misogyny.

12 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

If we do not continue to invest in the Ladies teams at the current level, we will be open to charges of misogyny.

I agree if we can afford it. We are getting mixed messages from the manager on close season signings expenditure. My priority is the men’s team. 
Could be the women’s team net outlay is less than £1M? I have no idea how many ST’s are sold etc.

• Frankie changed the title to Women’s Team cost?
22 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I genuinely couldn't give a hoot about the ladies team. 1 million per year seems like an awful lot of money. Id wonder if the likes of Glasgow city spend 1 million a year operating the ladies team.

It's something that we have to invest in. It's growing and will continue to grow, emphasised by the fact that Sky are showing women's football on Wednesday rather than our game.

We can't allow them to have a free reign. Some of our future support will come through interest in woman's football.

I've got virtually no interest in it either but it would be short-sighted to bin it now.