Things Will Get Ugly At Rangers

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

I think it’s far far too early to say if the Beale appointment was lazy. In fact, I’d say aside from the cup final defeat, he’s done a decent job turning round the squad.  Mistakes have been made, and there is much to improve, but a lot of criticism is because Celtic have been relentless, rather than because we’ve been poor.  

I don’t think it’s a lazy appointment at all. In fact his record so far is much better than any of his predecessors. His values and strengths as a manager will no doubt match our recruitment policy of finding affordable young hungry players to lead us on.

Not sure who else should/would have come in instead? 

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

That article is spot on.  We all know it.  We aren't fools.  The question is, is Michael Beale?

I still can't get my head around Beale's decision in an all-or-nothing cup final to leave out the two players he specifically signed to strengthen a midfield he's been standing on the touchline watching underperform week after week.

If only Beale had come out after the game and said "Guys, I fucked up, I made a huge mistake and I'm sorry" then I could start to lose this gnawing suspicion that we're still on the same old rollercoaster to nowhere.

13 hours ago, compo said:

It’s all about money or in our case lack of it if our coffers were full and bulging Beale would never have got near the job until the financial bind is addressed then we had better prepare ourselves for the long haul .

Mon the gers.  :rfc:

Generally, expectation levels are way beyond the finances.

The club, the manager, the support can pretend they aren't but what happens is a continual series of harsh reminders that create situations like post League Cup Final and managers defending themselves by telling it how it is.

Do we accept how it is (and look to improve) or live in a pretend world ?

33 minutes ago, buster. said:

Generally, expectation levels are way beyond the finances.

The club, the manager, the support can pretend they aren't but what happens is a continual series of harsh reminders that create situations like post League Cup Final and managers defending themselves by telling it how it is.

Do we accept how it is (and look to improve) or live in a pretend world ?

Some of our fans have been in that pretend world for quite a time now we are no longer the Rangers of old 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

I still can't get my head around Beale's decision in an all-or-nothing cup final to leave out the two players he specifically signed to strengthen a midfield he's been standing on the touchline watching underperform week after week.

If only Beale had come out after the game and said "Guys, I fucked up, I made a huge mistake and I'm sorry" then I could start to lose this gnawing suspicion that we're still on the same old rollercoaster to nowhere.

I think yesterday has shown us Raskin wasn’t ready fitness wise. Cantwell looked ready though so valid question there.

Our forthcoming summer recruitment is going to be vital. We can’t afford to make the same mistakes we’ve made the last two transfer windows. Many will be leaving. Perhaps only a couple out of contract will be offered new deals. The new signings must be better than we’ve been getting recently 

7 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Our forthcoming summer recruitment is going to be vital. We can’t afford to make the same mistakes we’ve made the last two transfer windows. Many will be leaving. Perhaps only a couple out of contract will be offered new deals. The new signings must be better than we’ve been getting recently 

We could print this out and put it on a panel outside the managers office at the training ground like the other motivational quotes. It seems to be the requirement for us every summer sadly. Which speaks volumes.

If Raskin and Cantwell are anything to go buy, this could actually be the summer where we actually do well.

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Unfortunately no one can guarantee that, no matter how much money we spend. If manager and DoF are any good at all they will already know who they want but getting them will be another thing. How do we get another Brian Laudrup today?