Things Will Get Ugly At Rangers

In my opinion there’s been a gross over reaction to the cup final defeat. You’d have thought we’d been humped 5-0 or something but the Scottish media always like to try & create a Rangers  crisis 

And FWIW I thought MB was correct not starting Raskin & Cantwell in the final. Both lacked recent game time before joining Rangers.  
I do believe we need to wait until we see who goes & who comes in this summer before we start to assess MB. 

12 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Our forthcoming summer recruitment is going to be vital. We can’t afford to make the same mistakes we’ve made the last two transfer windows. Many will be leaving. Perhaps only a couple out of contract will be offered new deals. The new signings must be better than we’ve been getting recently 

I would say getting business done early is equally important.  Getting players in towards the end of the window means a delay in getting them into the team.  Must do better on that front.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I would say getting business done early is equally important.  Getting players in towards the end of the window means a delay in getting them into the team.  Must do better on that front.

Absolutely. I bemoaned the fact it took us so long to get Cantwell and Raskin in on here at the time and look how it impacted us last week.

We should be talking to clubs and players now. Not waiting till summer.

We’re watching the carcass of the 55 squad rot and fester in front of our eyes.   Far too many under achievers that we held on to for far too long.  No point in picking over the bones but it rips my gut that those in charge can’t see what’s in front of their eyes.  Malmö for me was the watershed moment when I realised that we were in trouble.  Laid bare that our squad was inadequate for the challenges ahead.  

Astounding that after two years were still in the same place.  

16 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Malmö for me was the watershed moment when I realised that we were in trouble.  Laid bare that our squad was inadequate for the challenges ahead.  

And yet that squad reached a European final. Hardly inadequate. 

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I’ll get my scrapbook out to see if it makes me feel better……. I very much doubt it though.

15 hours ago, buster. said:

Generally, expectation levels are way beyond the finances.

The club, the manager, the support can pretend they aren't but what happens is a continual series of harsh reminders that create situations like post League Cup Final and managers defending themselves by telling it how it is.

Do we accept how it is (and look to improve) or live in a pretend world ?

The only way out of the OF financial deficit is to have a better manager than they have. That was easy when Lennon was there and 55 duly appeared. As soon as Postecoglou appeared and we appointed GvB the advantages Gerrard had enjoyed just evaporated. I guess that's why Beale's bizarre approach to the cup final team selection last week has had such a numbing effect.

21 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'd be more impressed with the article if it was written before the cup final. It's easy to have a go when the club is down and some fans are having a hysterical reaction.

Some have been saying the same thing for a while.

An objective analysis in the cold light of day (before or after) doesn't look good.

8 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I don’t think the issues with this bunch has ever been a lack of quality since they proved it with 55. The fact we dropped points at pittodrie and Dingwall shortly before pumping Dortmund in the westfalen points towards attitude. It’s the same lack of winning attitude that was likely behind last weekends non performance.