Rumour: Alfredo Morelos has a pre-contract with Sevilla FC

Just now, 26th of foot said:

I agree.

However, 29 Euro goals is a considerable contribution and extremely difficult to replace.

Further, he has been targeted by the usual suspects. BBC Scotland's behaviour has been disgraceful. Constant appeals to the Compliance Officer by both Sportsound and Sportscene. I think eight red cards and four rescinded. 

Then five convictions for opposition supporters throwing coins, hot and cold iced drinks and, lighters and vapes. 

My favourite was in the month where Rangers visited both Pittodrie and Easter Road three seasons past. The Dandy Dons held a banner in Spanish proclaiming Alfie's Mother to be a mattress. At Easter Road, Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV wanted Alfie macheted into thin strips and fed to seagulls. Both incidents did not receive punishment, they were drowned out by the sniggers of the usual suspects.

It is a baby and bath water situation. Often, he is his own worst enemy but, he has made an important contribution.

Agree on all points.

But at the same time some sending offs of his own making. Supposedly playing through an injury at Dundee he didn't want to let our medical team know the full extent of so he could go away with Colombia, resulting in him missing our crucial euro run in (and i still reckon if he played in that final we win it), the infamous returning late from international duty so we had to play Sidiq v Aberdeen at Hampden, returning late from international duty for a Scottish cup quarter final at Tynecastle in 2020 which we ended up playing Greg Stewart up front instead. Returning from copa america after we struggled in Malmo. Falling out with our manager before a massive CL qualifier. Coming back a game later and getting sent off putting us down to 9 men at Easter road in a game which we dropped points.

There are just too many problems to mention of Alfredos making that real professionals dont give you. 

Its a balance with a Morelos, a Gascoigne or a Cousin. You've got to know when the ROI is of value. For Morelos I'm afraid that value is no longer worth the drama.  

4 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Yeah, but our right back isn’t far behind him in terms of goals and the league quality is absolutely crap. Honestly, it should have been so much more. When he leaves I won’t feel any great regret.

Our right back also has, what, 50 penalties ?  Those need to at least be factored in

1 hour ago, craig said:

Our right back also has, what, 50 penalties ?  Those need to at least be factored in

They are factored in, Morelos doesn't have the technique to take them it appears, Tav does.

I won't particularly miss his European contributions because his domestic form was often found wanting. Let's face it, he had some mega purple patches in his time here, but too often he's shown a lack of motivation, and a lack of respect for the club.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm a little surprised there's so much debate about Morelos.

The truth is he left Rangers a long time ago.

I've moved on, he's no longer of much interest to me.

Until he bangs home the winner in the SC semi of course. Michael Scott Wink GIF

6 hours ago, onevision said:

Until he bangs home the winner in the SC semi of course. Michael Scott Wink GIF

Let's face it, the odds are massively against this happening. How many times has he scored against Celtic in the 6 seasons he's been with us, two times? Three?

Edited by PoohBear