Confirmed: Ross Wilson joins Nottingham Forest

Ross Wilson didn't identify the players - his scouts did that.

Mervyn Day is our lead domestic scout and Andreas Fehse is our head euro scout whilst John Park oversees the whole operation which includes others such as Bomber.

From their lists, Wilson would sit with the manager and identify who he preferred and if they were affordable within the budget the sporting director was responsible for.

At the end of the day Wilson and Gio/Beale may have fancied the fillet steak but if the board say the budget is for fish and chips then c'est la vie.

Where the criticism for Wilson can come in is that presumably he was responsible for the scouting operation so whilst the chip shop budget isn't ideal, we should know the best place to get it. If not, that's on him and his scouts.

6 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think I could log in to a Rangers forum in 2060 and I will still be reading the same kind of discussion about the role of a Director of Football.

We might even have found the ideal chip shop by then.