Confirmed: Ross Wilson joins Nottingham Forest

37 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

This is easy to do in hindsight but I remember reading bits and pieces from Southampton fans, and they were delighted he was leaving them to join us. Do we really even need a DoF? We never used to have any such position 

Football departments are too complex to be left to a manager. 

Every elite side in world football has one. 

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go BUT the timing isn't good.  I would imagine we are well along the path of recruiting players for summer signings.  I know that sounds contradictory but I don't know enough of what goes on behind the scenes or how much say he has in signings.   I just feel we've made too many poor buys and need to do better.

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go BUT the timing isn't good.  I would imagine we are well along the path of recruiting players for summer signings.  I know that sounds contradictory but I don't know enough of what goes on behind the scenes or how much say he has in signings.   I just feel we've made too many poor buys and need to do better.

I suspect the plans are all in place, but clearly someone else will need to take over negotiations, etc.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I suspect the plans are all in place, but clearly someone else will need to take over negotiations, etc.

But what if the someone else doesn’t like the new players coming in