Confirmed: Ross Wilson joins Nottingham Forest

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes i think you are right on that.

I think the criticism of Wilsons role here (from me anyway) is that he should be mitigating the risk of a manager who wants to make signings that may not fit our profile.

IE if the rumour of Matondos wage is true, there is perhaps an argument the wage is out with our pay structure for a player of his calibre. Why sign Soutter when you already have the OG centre half crock in Helander etc

Also the medical side seems a lot weaker than it was when Gerrard was around. We appears to have gone backwards in that area.

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Brighton say "David will oversee all football operations; including recruitment, analysis, medical and player welfare, across both the men's and women's set-up."

You live and learn 👍

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Most of Brighton's great recruitment was done under Dan Ashworth, I believe, but Weir seems to also be doing a great job.

I can't imagine Weir leaving a team that's 7th in the EPL, with a fantastic recruitment record, to come here.

Yeah that really would be best case for me. 

It was probably time for him to go. The two transfer windows prior to MB becoming manager were very disappointing & contributed to GvB’s departure. 
It’ll be interesting to see if we continue with a DoF. This role evolved whilst DK was chairman IIRC. 

It might be significant for Forest but the whole thing is utterly meaningless for us until we see who replaces Wilson and have a chance to see how that person performs, which might be possible a year from now at the earliest. Hardly something to get excited about.

The easy bit is calling for change. The hard part is achieving change for the better.

This is easy to do in hindsight but I remember reading bits and pieces from Southampton fans, and they were delighted he was leaving them to join us. Do we really even need a DoF? We never used to have any such position