Confirmed: Ross Wilson joins Nottingham Forest

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

So you want the board to make footballing decisions and overrule the manager?

No, that's not what I intended at all.  Checks and balances should be in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Michael Beale insists transfer recruitment is simpler without Ross Wilson

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10560334/michael-beale-rangers-transfer-recruitment-simpler-ross-wilson/

👀

It may well be a more simple process. Some might even think it's a better process but I'm uncomfortable that Michael Beale constantly chooses to express his opinions in the media. It looks increasingly like he's fighting to define the boundaries of his responsibilities but it shouldn't be a debate to be conducted in the papers. Would Walter have done it like this?

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

It may well be a more simple process. Some might even think it's a better process but I'm uncomfortable that Michael Beale constantly chooses to express his opinions in the media. It looks increasingly like he's fighting to define the boundaries of his responsibilities but it shouldn't be a debate to be conducted in the papers. Would Walter have done it like this?

Wilson had far too much influence & authority 

20 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Wilson had far too much influence & authority 

There's a strong suspicion that was indeed the case .... but whether it was by design or accident is unclear and, either way, I've seen no actual evidence of it.

13 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I understand the theory but the reality is that it must be hard to build and coach a team from some other bloke’s players.

Didn't GvB assure us that he had the final say? I think he did but I could be wrong.