Dave King refuses share offer

From the Sun!!

Ex-Rangers chairman Dave King reveals he rejected bumper £25m offer for stake in Ibrox club

DAVE KING says he’s rejected a whopping £25.3million offer for his stake in Rangers.

The former Ibrox chairman, who owns just over 63million shares in the club, revealed he was approached by an unnamed bidder last month.

King had previously met with American businesswoman Kyle Fox — but the offer DIDN’T come from the States.

The tycoon said talks with a consortium took place less than two weeks after Gers issued 7.7m new shares at 25p each.

King said: “I recently turned down an unconditional cash offer of 40p from a group other than Kyle Fox’s, so 40p is presently a fair price.

“But 25p undervalues the price of the shares by almost 40 per cent.

“I wonder how the board would react if supporters asked for a 40 per cent discount on next season’s ticket prices?”

King is furious that new shares were issued just days before his successor Douglas Park announced he was standing down as chairman.

Gers will raise almost £2m if those shares are sold for cash.

But it’s unclear whether they are converting loans into equity, as they have done in the past.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

So King was happy to sell his shares to C1872 a few months ago at 25p but turned down 40p? 9_9

This party has £25m to buy shares from King for 14.2% of the club. The board are willing to issue shares at 25p, so if they had got new shares from the club they could have owned 18.5% of the club, which would be £25m better off, but this party would prefer to buy shares from King? 9_9

40p a share values the club at £177m. It's inherently loss making and has net assets of £41m so is the valuation of 40p realistic? 9_9

King, of course, wishes to make this story public after an OF defeat. 9_9

Waiting patiently for Rangers to ridicule King's latest nonsense.

A bit off topic. 

Are Rangers shares publicly traded? Exchange?

I would love to throw a couple bucks into the team.

I wish they still issued stock certificates...that would be worth the purchase price alone.

Get Super Ally's sig on one.

Frame that up...sheeeeeit son!

3 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

A bit off topic. 

I wish they still issued stock certificates...that would be worth the purchase price alone.

DM me for the chance to get in at 40p per share.

3 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

A bit off topic. 

McCoists signature is worth as much as Dave Kings word.