Rangers issue further three million shares

If you were a shareholding director with privileged access to new allotments of shares ... AND you were privy to information about a prospective offer to buy Rangers, knowing that such an offer would almost certainly value the club at more than 25p per share, then wouldn't you be keen to top up your personal shareholding too? I know I would.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you were a shareholding director with privileged access to new allotments of shares ... AND you were privy to information about a prospective offer to buy Rangers, knowing that such an offer would almost certainly value the club at more than 25p per share, then wouldn't you be keen to top up your personal shareholding too? I know I would.

Seems like a lot of risk for only a marginal benefit.  *

* in this instance

Edited by stewarty

20 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Seems like a lot of risk for only a marginal benefit.  *

* in this instance

Unless it was converting loans to equity, which still seems unclear. Or if there was a perceived need to have a minimum percentage of shares in favour of accepting an offer. I expect to see more relatively small allotments in coming months. If this isn't a loans-to-equity deal then something is clearly going on and being kept at a level that won't spook the asking price.

To answer you point, it would otherwise be a lot of risk for absolutely zero benefit.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Insider information is that above board 

19 minutes ago, compo said:

Insider information is that above board 

Directors of companies buy and sell shares every day. It's not insider trading but there are strict rules about when directors can trade shares in their own company and how transaction must be declared. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If i had the means to buy more shares, and I was confident that me and my fellow board members could run the club well I'd have no qualms. Who knows what these shares will be worth in say 25 years time.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If i had the means to buy more shares, and I was confident that me and my fellow board members could run the club well I'd have no qualms. Who knows what these shares will be worth in say 25 years time.

😂 I'd want a fairly spectacular rate of return to sit on an investment for 25 bloody years 😂

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I doubt any offer would value the shares at much over 25p, if at all.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Unless it was converting loans to equity, which still seems unclear. Or if there was a perceived need to have a minimum percentage of shares in favour of accepting an offer. I expect to see more relatively small allotments in coming months. If this isn't a loans-to-equity deal then something is clearly going on and being kept at a level that won't spook the asking price.

I believe it's new cash. However my uninformed opinion is that it's potentially funds to help the stadium redevelopment, including the disabled facilities and maybe replacement funds that have been spent on NEH rather than it being anything related to future share sales.

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I doubt any offer would value the shares at much over 25p, if at all.

I believe it's new cash. However my uninformed opinion is that it's potentially funds to help the stadium redevelopment, including the disabled facilities and maybe replacement funds that have been spent on NEH rather than it being anything related to future share sales.

👍 I was just thinking out loud. Any price would depend on circumstances.  

Edited by Bill