The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It's same with Alfie. Alfies time is up undoubtedly but I for one will remember him as the striker who bullied European defences for two seasons and scored a barrel-load of goals. 

I am still raging at Gio for playing Alfie whilst he was clearly injured and in my humble opinion cost us the EL last season. A fit Morelos and we'd have won. 

Agree with the top part but Alfie played through that injury as he was desperate to go with Colombia.

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

but can you provide examples of Celtic cheating their way to victories week in week out?

You only have to watch highlights of their games to see that from the first foul awarded to them or even against them they surround the ref trying to control the officials--cheating in my book.I take it they issue a Tom Daley book/video to teach them in their diving and also they are all clever at slowing the game down with pretend injuries,maybe not direct cheating but very close to.

36 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

You only have to watch highlights of their games to see that from the first foul awarded to them or even against them they surround the ref trying to control the officials--cheating in my book.I take it they issue a Tom Daley book/video to teach them in their diving and also they are all clever at slowing the game down with pretend injuries,maybe not direct cheating but very close to.

Sorry but this is clutching at straws. They play the same game we do. Being street smart is not cheating. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

You cannot simply ignore the fact that Tav is our long-standing captain and therefore has a disproportionate influence on the rest of the squad. As long as he remain in that capacity, the message to everyone else is “more of the same”.

Said elsewhere he shouldn't be captain but there are many players which need chased before Tav. 

41 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Agree with the top part but Alfie played through that injury as he was desperate to go with Colombia.

So are we suggesting that Alfie ignored the medical.advice and played whilst injured and his manager and medical staff were OK with this? 

44 minutes ago, compo said:

he couldn't inspire a drowning man into a lifeboat 

So how did he inspire the team to the SPL title, the Scottish Cup, 2 decent runs and 1 amazing run in Europe 

Is he to blame for all the failures but not responsible for any success?