The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

That was then, this is now. Sentimentality makes you feel good but is not our friend.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Tav was captain during those campaigns. 

43 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Why should it trigger a ban? And how was the competition easier? 

Those players mentioned "threw" away 10-in-a-row, had battles against Aberdeen and Celtic for titles. One Aberdeen team took us to last game of the season and one Celtic team lost 1 league game all season and we still found a way to triumph. 

Those players went to Elland Road and defeated Leeds (1st team to win there that season) with "no" away fans.

Those players played in and won (and lost) epic cup semi-finals and finals winning some with 10 men.

The ban would just be an appropriate punishment.  Not much else to say on that particular matter.

Looks like you are trying to make my case for me with regard to the level of competition.  Two close run leagues and a failure to win cups?  What about all of the other seasons? Again cups are not important.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

None of those still play for Rangers

They don't, but they didn't need to be inspired. Doesn't matter when they played for Rangers. 

Do you think any Rangers player should require to be "inspired"? If we do, then our standards have fallen

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rangers fans seem to be particularly cursed by it (see the never-ending desire to re-sign former players).  

Could get McCoist, Ferguson, McCall, Brown, Durrant, Butcher and Gough in.

would do a job know the league know the club

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rangers fans seem to be particularly cursed by it (see the never-ending desire to re-sign former players).  

But are they? 

If you look at the transfer thread I can't remember anyone suggesting we resign any player.

I'm sure someone (probably me) will mention Billy Gilmour, bit outwith that, I don't think anyone has suggest we sign ex-players.

However, it has worked in the past on a few notable occasions.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But are they? 

If you look at the transfer thread I can't remember anyone suggesting we resign any player.

It's more of a general observation based on years of reading Rangers forums.  

We need to lose players ahead of Tav who are a much greater liability than him and there are a few of them.  I would give the captaincy to Todd Cantwell (couldn't think of anyone else 😀). Says it all really.  

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's more of a general observation based on years of reading Rangers forums.  

I've heard mention of John Fleck on other platforms. Hope it ain't true! 

6 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We need to lose players ahead of Tav who are a much greater liability than him and there are a few of them.  I would give the captaincy to Todd Cantwell (couldn't think of anyone else 😀). Says it all really.  

Needs a haircut before he is given the captaincy 😃