The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Where are these stats from? Is it comparing with MLS centre mids only? And what’s the sample pool? I find the stats hard to believe. From a very brief look at YouTube, he doesn’t look that good to me. Something not right about his technique. The guy from Aston Villa/QPR looked better. 

FBref.

I believe it's comparing him to other central midfielders in his league, but I could be wrong. 

Edit: He's compared to players in his position from "Men's Next 8 Competitions (American Major League Soccer, Brazilian Série A, Dutch Eredivisie, English Championship, Mexican Liga MX, Portuguese Primeira Liga, Copa Libertadores, UEFA Europa Conference League)". 

https://fbref.com/en/about/scouting-reports-explained

One way it might be skewed is he's compared to sitting midfielders, which he is but he seems to get forward a lot, too. 

FBref separate defensive midfielders from attacking midfielders/wingers.

11 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

It’s an odd league.

image.png.f87ab5421c2d2f819156903fbeae7001.png

image.png.3db210952d512c0a02bdc11903803b35.png

It's an entire league of vomit inducing shitlibs. 

Every lefty, whacko, freak cause...disgusting.

...aaanywho...

Cifuentes.

American sports league websites are great for stats though.

I forgot how good they are. Stats for stats.

He kinda strikes me as just meh TBH.

José Cifuentes | Los Angeles Football Club (lafc.com)

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

American sports league websites are great for stats though.

Mainly as US sports are so protracted affairs, they have to make up numbers to keep folks interested.

Stats work for certain parts of football, but they ain't the be all, not at all. Ryan Kent gets it tight for his stats, but I'd bet my last shillin that Neil McCann or Davie Cooper wouldn't have had any better.

First leg of the City v Real semi final was a perfect case in point, Jack Grealish never beat his man once*, but according to the stats was the most creative player on the park. This is basically as he rolled the ball back to someone to have a shot, as he couldn't make any progress.

*FWIW he was very good in last nights game.

14 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Mainly as US sports are so protracted affairs, they have to make up numbers to keep folks interested.

Well, your argument kinda works...until you consider that this is an M L SOCCER website.

Games are still 90 minutes. Good try, and your genuine distaste of the US has been noted...again. 

20 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Stats work for certain parts of football, but they ain't the be all, not at all. Ryan Kent gets it tight for his stats, but I'd bet my last shillin that Neil McCann or Davie Cooper wouldn't have had any better.

Anyone who claims that stats are the end all be all is as much a fool as the person who completely disregards them.

They are to be considered as they are a reflection of real actions and interactions. A way to hopefully understand what cannot be viewed in real time. That is all. 

6 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

First leg of the City v Real semi final was a perfect case in point, Jack Grealish never beat his man once*, but according to the stats was the most creative player on the park. This is basically as he rolled the ball back to someone to have a shot, as he couldn't make any progress.

*FWIW he was very good in last nights game.

He beat many players last night. It was his final ball that let him down.

_0YfK9k6_x96.jpg

Rangers are currently in negotiations with Cifuentes as talks are going well. Huge thanks to @FabrizioRomano for his help with the story.

The 4th Official

@Official_T4O

·

Follow

Rangers are currently in negotiations with Cifuentes as talks are going well. Huge thanks to @FabrizioRomano for his help with the story.

patreon.com

Rangers currently in talks with Jose Cifuentes | The 4th Official on Patreon

Join The 4th Official on Patreon to get access to this post and more benefits.