The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Sampdoria scored 24 goals in 38 games this season by the way, they couldn't hit a cows arse.. its about 2 in 3 unless I'm wrong.

Luis Suarez after shafting the Ghanaians couldn't turn around that record even if he tried.

Edited by yuddie

14 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Of course you can do some basic analysis and come to some conclusion and discuss it, otherwise we'd be as well as closing the forum and just agreeing with everything Beale says and does. There are basic facts out there that the boy has had an extremely barren last three seasons by even the worst standards, I hope he can turn it around because if he doesn't do it rapidly here then he will be chewed up.

I agree with your first sentence, and partly agree with your second - or, you're right, but I disagree on how relevant those barren seasons are. :D 

Like I've argued, his xG is actually quite low. To put it another way, no one can score 20 goals from 2 chances, not even Haaland; it's impossible.

His xG will be a lot higher with us, because he'll get more chances. What's important is whether he can take them. History suggests he slightly under-performs his xG. If we give him the chances, he'll score more than half of them. 

17 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

recall watching City in a CL game this season, Grealish didn't have much of a game, couldn't beat the full back, and so resorted to rolling the ball back to the area maybe 25 yards out, which resulted in DeBruyne having a few shots. This then translated to Grealish creating the most chances in the game, which he didn't really. 

Sounds like Kent. Kent would often build up a decent xA with low quality chances. There's an advanced stat that can show you who creates the most high quality chances though, but you don't see it used often. I remember Hagi was way ahead for it anyway. 

I've now watched the first minute and twenty two seconds of a higlight reel on youtube.

I had to stop because I was getting bored.

Based on what I have witnessed so far I would say Lammers is one of the finest talents in European football.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

I've now watched the first minute and twenty two seconds of a higlight reel on youtube.

Based on what I have witnessed so far I would say Lammers is one of the finest talents in European football.

x-D through the roof!

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Sounds like Kent. Kent would often build up a decent xA with low quality chances. There's an advanced stat that can show you who creates the most high quality chances though, but you don't see it used often. I remember Hagi was way ahead for it anyway. 

Ooh--What is it?

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

stix zadinia scrooge GIF by Steel Panther

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I had a wee look at Ryan Kent - unfortunately FBref doesn't have stats from Scottish football, only our Europa League and CL matches. 

Lol.

Screenshot2023-06-1315_03_20.thumb.png.a5dc0a945e3fea65d34b4ebed5db5faa.png

Does anybody remember Wim Jansen, a fhilth manager for a season? He bought, for a Haagen Dazs, a Swedish player from Lucsasfilm Central Casting, whom no one had heard of, who did not start regularly for Feyenoord, and whose record was less than earth shattering.

I often wonder what happened to that player. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It's no different to searching for clips on Youtube. It's only natural to look into what type of player we're signing. 

Yeah, I don't do that either.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I think we all agree on the stats - it's impossible to dispute them - we're just disagreeing on which stats are important. 

I don't agree or disagree. They're just an irrelevance to me. I'm going into the preseason hoping all of our signings will be wonderful, and I'm excited because we'll have new players and I have very little or no opinion on them until I actually see them play.

I remember when we signed Herrera and Alfie. In the first friendly at Ibrox, Herrera played firs half and Morelos the second and it was clear that Alfie was by far the better player. I didn't know anything about either beforehand.

It's not to say that I'm denigrating the use of statistics. I've just personally got no interest in them and it's disappointing to see many (not you) using them and writing off Lammers before they understand how we're going to use him. or how he's going to perform in a Rangers jersey.