The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Obviously LB is just for cover, but can you imagine the response on here if Ross Wilson had signed an ex 35 year old player.

I'm waiting for some (one) to moan about Wilson letting LB go in the first place...

Dujon Sterling: A lot of defenders now, right-backs and left-backs, get judged on their stats and defensively they’re not great. I like to make sure I do my defending first.

If he means that he will give the opposition's danger man a reducer, early doors, then I am in. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm waiting for some (one) to moan about Wilson letting LB go in the first place...

That’s happened a couple of pages back. Letting him go wasn’t a mistake, he spent most of the past year injured. 

Edited by DMAA

6 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'd look upon Balogun as being brought in to be our 5th choice centre half (I'd hope), and yes, I'm happy with that. We've got a player who knows the club and can hopefully do a job if called upon. Whoever we're going to have as our 5th choice will have some issues.

On what basis are you saying he is 5th choice? Who is our 4th choice? 

If he is actually '5th choice' then I can get along with it, but as has been said, with the injuries that Souttar, Davies and Goldson have been picking up there's a probable chance he'll be more like a 3rd choice at times.

I know people won't agree but I'd geniunely rather have Lewis Mayo as '5th choice' to be honest, prem experience, homegrown and has a exemplary recent injury record. If a 35 year old crocked (looking at last season) Leon Balogun is a better choice then our academy is in a worse place than I thought.

Nothing against Leon, I like how he's positive about the club when few other ex players are and I'll back him now he's in. I just have a bad gut feeling about this.

It will look different if the rumoured exit of Kamara goes through and we get a good LCB in, if not it will look pretty bad.

10 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Bye bye Champions League.

That's the spirit. But you're correct we are never winning CL with or without LB.....

Did you listen to the manager today? Confirming why we signed LB and that there are more signings in the pipeline? 

Edited by CammyF