The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Oh - you're assuming we've been tracking them for a while. 

I blame GvB. 

And it's another reason why we need a more powerful DoF. 

“Danilo is a player that I have personally been aware of since his time at Ajax.

“He had a breakthrough year on loan at FC Twente and then back at Ajax before joining Feyenoord last summer.

“He has won the Dutch title in both of the last two seasons and his goal per minute ratio is very good.

He had that season at Twente the year we won 55 so I'd say its a safe bet we would have been tracking him.

Trusty more likely Beale saw him while coaching QPR.

It’s been a pretty much heretical opinion this pre-season, but I don’t think Beale is actually pursuing a centre back. There have been no signals and plenty that we aren’t. I think it's a case of wait and see if anyone comes in for Davies, but there's absolutely no sign of that either. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

It’s been a pretty much heretical opinion this pre-season, but I don’t think Beale is actually pursuing a centre back. There have been no signals and plenty that we aren’t. I think it's a case of wait and see if anyone comes in for Davies, but there's absolutely no sign of that either. 

I think you might well be right. In any case, I'm not sure our defensive frailties haven't been as much to do with our fullbacks and a malfunctioning midfield.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I thought we'd put in a bid for Trusty?

32 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I thought we'd put in a bid for Trusty?

According to who? Ibrox noise? I didn't see a reliable source. Beale signed Balogun and has poured cold water on the idea of signed a centre back in recent weeks. And he's been open about the positions he wants to strengthen and never listed centre back as one of them. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

According to who? Ibrox noise? I didn't see a reliable source. Beale signed Balogun and has poured cold water on the idea of signed a centre back in recent weeks. And he's been open about the positions he wants to strengthen and never listed centre back as one of them. 

If it was only Ibrox Noise then I'd agree with your scepticism, but a number of news agencies reported that we'd had a bid rejected. However I can't say for sure and that's why I had the question mark.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

And he's been open about the positions he wants to strengthen and never listed centre back as one of them. 

That could be because he had the players lined up for the other positions and was confident of getting them whereas he's not with a centre back.

H&H were saying that we were wanting a centre back a few weeks back, and presumably they've got some sort of inside info.

My own view is that any budget we had has disappeared due to the spend elsewhere and we'll try and pick up one cheaply or on loan near the end of the window.