The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Take the £2.1m and run, a bird in the hand etc.

£4.7m for a player who hasn't kicked his arse for 18 months and can't get a kick for his current team might be too much.

Hell yes!

Even if you factor sunk cost we would still probably turn a profit. 

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd try to get a little more for Kamara - or at least include some add-ons and sell-on clauses. 

2.1 is fair considering his performances of late. 

He will not be used.

He will sit on the bench collecting a salary...probably around 20K/wk.

Most importantly, he doesn't look like he wants to be here.

Take the caish and set him free.

8 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

2.1 is fair considering his performances of late. 

He will not be used.

He will sit on the bench collecting a salary...probably around 20K/wk.

Most importantly, he doesn't look like he wants to be here.

Take the caish and set him free.

We must be the only team in the world that punts players for nothing just because they have a bad couple of games...

Silly.

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We must be the only team in the world that punts players for nothing just because they have a bad couple of games...

Silly.

To be fair we held on to Morelos 2 seasons longer than we should, maybe even 3. Could say the same about Kent and they both underperformed in the last 2 seasons.

Kamara has been on a decline since 55, possibly because of the ramifications of the Slavia abuse and that's understandable but it hasn't been 'a bad couple of games'. He visibly shrinks when he plays for us now, I thought he was back during the UEL run but I feel that was the team playing for Jimmy Bell more than anything.

£2.1m with a sell on is fair I'd say for a player who plays like he hates football.

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

To be fair we held on to Morelos 2 seasons longer than we should, maybe even 3. Could say the same about Kent and they both underperformed in the last 2 seasons.

Kamara has been on a decline since 55, possibly because of the ramifications of the Slavia abuse and that's understandable but it hasn't been 'a bad couple of games'. He visibly shrinks when he plays for us now, I thought he was back during the UEL run but I feel that was the team playing for Jimmy Bell more than anything.

£2.1m with a sell on is fair I'd say for a player who plays like he hates football.

Absolutely, but they are not the same situation. 

The manager wanted to keep them, when the DoF should have had the power to sell when offers came in. I've repeatedly argued that any player should be sold when there's a good offer. 

In Kamara's situation, he still has 4 years on his contract. There's value there. 

I did say, "at least include add-ons or sell-on clauses". £2.1 with a sell-on clause, maybe an add-on, too, would be good business. 

You do not punt assets for nothing when there's value there. 

Everton kept Simms not because he was ever going to play for them, but because he had value and sold him for £8M - regardless of whether you think he's worth that. We would have cancelled his contract! Stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

screenshot(1).png.32ecfec1b3bf7358cfbe5421155e96bd.png

Didn't realise DataMB was free to use!

I'll throw in 3 more I've seen linked, the young Dutch player looks like he would be good business.

Might not be completely fair comparisons but Sparta aren't a top team in the Netherlands and Strasbourg are Ligue 2 so it's not a million miles away with Millwall doing well.

screenshot.png.66a29029c43b7d638b8fa91370443081.png 

6 hours ago, yuddie said:

Take the £2.1m and run, a bird in the hand etc.

£4.7m for a player who hasn't kicked his arse for 18 months and can't get a kick for his current team might be too much.

Glenn Kamara at his best isn't worth 4.7M but we always under sell our players so keep haggling Rangers :D