The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

13 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

That's it.

Tav is finished.

Not so quick.

This guy has had some of the worst injury issues possible over the past three years. 

I think if he can manage to go a season without missing a large chunk of it then maybe. 

I might be wrong but haven't the overwhelming majority of teams that have won leagues or european competitions played with a back 4?

The only two I can think of recently who've won with a back 3/5 are Conte with Chelsea in the prem a few years back and Tuchel in the ucl a couple of years ago. Conte might be the only one to do it in the prem, can't think of another.

Wouldn't be against it but prefer a back 4, as said above it's pretty fluid so could be a 2 and a player drops in to make it a 3.

Wee sidenote ... we stuck to the one-striker trash and our prime legend Alfredo, and ended up empty-handed for ages.

We got Cedric Itten, hardly ever played him like we should have and now that he is back in Switzerland with Young Boys, he played 39 games, scored 23 goals and assisted another 12. They snatched the title, playing a 4-4-2 diamond. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this one-striker thing against packed defences only works if people contribute and that one striker does his job. We were probably champions in terms of possession and chances created over the last 4 seasons ... which is as useful as keeping stats on yards thrown by American Football quarterbacks and going bananas about that, without said quarterbacks winning anything.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Not so quick.

This guy has had some of the worst injury issues possible over the past three years. 

I think if he can manage to go a season without missing a large chunk of it then maybe. 

Ranger_syntax is taking the p*ss. 

48 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I might be wrong but haven't the overwhelming majority of teams that have won leagues or european competitions played with a back 4?

The only two I can think of recently who've won with a back 3/5 are Conte with Chelsea in the prem a few years back and Tuchel in the ucl a couple of years ago. Conte might be the only one to do it in the prem, can't think of another.

Wouldn't be against it but prefer a back 4, as said above it's pretty fluid so could be a 2 and a player drops in to make it a 3.

Man City.