Ryan Jack finished at Rangers?

51 minutes ago, onevision said:

Surprising stat.

Surprised by that stat.

Matondo has had 23 "games" this season for Rangers. I can remember only a handful or two - even though that could be said about a lot of players and games this season.

If it was up to me, of those whose full-time  contracts are up this summer, I'd give Jack and Arfield another year.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Kamara started so well at Rangers but over the piece has been a disinterested flop. Lundstram has shown he can be a valuable presence in midfield but his confidence seems to be so fragile that a couple of poor games can send him into a tailspin for the whole season. Both appear to have ability but lack what Jock Wallace rightly called "character". Ryan Jack on the other hand has it in abundance. If the assessment is that Jack can play 20-30 games next season at a reasonable financial arrangement then another 12 months is a no-brainer.

If you remove that first sentence, you're spot on. 

Too many are quite fragile. Barisic comes to mind, too.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

If you remove that first sentence, you're spot on. 

Too many are quite fragile. Barisic comes to mind, too.

You're quite wrong and I'll double down on that first sentence. It might be a long time ago but Kamara DID perform well in his initial spell at Rangers and was once considered our best selling asset. There's equally no doubt that his value has since been shredded by his inability to earn a regular starting place and too many ineffectual performances when he did. It's not a comment on his ability but on his willingness to show it. Hopefully he will find a new club soon.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

You're quite wrong and I'll double down on that first sentence. It might be a long time ago but Kamara DID perform well in his initial spell at Rangers and was once considered our best selling asset. There's equally no doubt that his value has since been shredded by his inability to earn a regular starting place and too many ineffectual performances when he did. It's not a comment on his ability but on his willingness to show it. Hopefully he will find a new club soon.

OK--I don't disagree with these points. 

I have said he should have been sold a few years ago. 

He encapsulates the perfect transfer, for me: stats-based scouting, finding an under-utilised asset, signing for tuppence, developing them and then selling for £10-15M. We just messed up with the last stage. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He encapsulates the perfect transfer, for me: stats-based scouting, finding an under-utilised asset, signing for tuppence, developing them and then selling for £10-15M. We just messed up with the last stage. 

Perhaps that's true and we should have cashed in when the going was good. On the other hand, it was reasonable to try to use his talent to further our recovery and I don't think anyone could reasonably have foreseen how suddenly and precipitously his contribution was going to fall. By the time it became clear it wasn't a temporary dip in form, the damage was done and the opportunity lost. In the end we got neither the player nor the treasure.

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Has Ryan Jack played his last game for us? Read that it was stated he would be out for up to 4 weeks. 

Seems like a nice guy. He's always smilin, obviously loves the club.

Would buy the man his weight in beer if I ever met him.

I wish him all the best in the world, but them happy trails are callin.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Both appear to have ability but lack what Jock Wallace rightly called "character".

My God...can you imagine Jock Wallace with this group?

Lord...lol! To be a fly on that wall. 

An army of psychologists stocked with Kleenex (for all them tears) would spring up around Ibrox. 

On 29/04/2023 at 09:13, Rousseau said:

OK--I don't disagree with these points. 

I have said he should have been sold a few years ago. 

Eh ?  He wasn't stats based scouting - he was lucky scouting.  Gerrard was watching someone else at Dundee but when he saw Kamara play basically said "THAT is who I want - he has what I am looking for".

That isnt stats based scouting at all.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Eh ?  He wasn't stats based scouting - he was lucky scouting.  Gerrard was watching someone else at Dundee but when he saw Kamara play basically said "THAT is who I want - he has what I am looking for".

That isnt stats based scouting at all.

I always thought it was Beale that watched him. For such a top drawer midfielder Gerrard struggled to identify good ones. Coulibaily and Zungu who can forget.