Official: Arfield, Helander, Kent, McGregor and Morelos all to leave

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

So you would have preferred to have sold him and not reach the EL final?

As a fan no.  The club, though, most certainly probably should have, remembering that, at the time, the EL final was a pipe dream. 

2 hours ago, Dragosani said:

I take the point about selling Morelos and Kent before their contracts expired but I tend to think that managers of said interested interested class clubs,  came to the conclusion that both weren't worth the punt! both I expect down to attitude/workrate  and character.

Morelos easy to wind up and unfit. Kent downing tools for a season (no doubt worried he may not get a huge sign on fee if injured). 

What makes it more sad is both of them have the tools to turn and win games and could of stepped up another level but it just didn't happen.

So as a manager of a British club, would you want them round?

That clearly isnt the case though - the French mob admitted they had made a bid for Morelos.  Had we accepted he would have gone.  Wasnt them that pulled the plug on it, it was us.

1 hour ago, craig said:

That clearly isnt the case though - the French mob admitted they had made a bid for Morelos.  Had we accepted he would have gone.  Wasnt them that pulled the plug on it, it was us.

I think it’s telling how long it has been since there has been serious interest in them though. August 2020 were the last good bids for Morelos and Kent, and the only ones that we know of I think. No bids as they entered their final 12 months is very telling. I'm sure we wouldn't haven't been that hard to deal with. 

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it’s telling how long it has been since there has been serious interest in them though. August 2020 were the last good bids for Morelos and Kent, and the only ones that we know of I think. No bids as they entered their final 12 months is very telling. I'm sure we wouldn't haven't been that hard to deal with. 

Alternatively why would clubs offer any significant money for a player in their last year of their contract? Hang on 6 months and you can talk to the player and get a deal set up ready for the summer.

Maybe we received inquires about Alfie and Kent last summer but the board deemed the offers as not worth taking? 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Alternatively why would clubs offer any significant money for a player in their last year of their contract? Hang on 6 months and you can talk to the player and get a deal set up ready for the summer.

Maybe we received inquires about Alfie and Kent last summer but the board deemed the offers as not worth taking? 

It is telling the weren't offered pre contracts.

16 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

It is telling the weren't offered pre contracts.

They could have been talking to clubs since January, they may well have been offered pre-contracts and are weighing up their options? 

Ok so five released out of contract and Scott Wright apparently sold to Preston. But what about Roofe and Kamara .... surely we have to negotiate a fee to buy out their contracts.

There's no doubt about it, I will miss Allan McGregor and Scotty Arfield. They may have come to the end of their road at Rangers but both absolutely knew what it was to play for this club and both leave with pride and reputation intact. Thanks for the memories.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ok so five released out of contract and Scott Wright apparently sold to Preston. But what about Roofe and Kamara .... surely we have to negotiate a fee to buy out their contracts.

I think we could find a buyer for Kamara and its a pity Roofe can't find a consistent level of fitness as he is best finisher we have at rhe club.