Official: Arfield, Helander, Kent, McGregor and Morelos all to leave

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ok so five released out of contract and Scott Wright apparently sold to Preston. But what about Roofe and Kamara .... surely we have to negotiate a fee to buy out their contracts.

I think kamara will be sold to somebody but not for gazillions & Roofe will see out the final year of his contract 

14 hours ago, DMAA said:

That’s a false dilemma. We’ll never know what would have happened if we’d sold him when we had a chance. I think we’d have replaced him with a better player. 

So you can't speculate about whether we'd have reached the EL final but you can speculate on the quality of our signing? Yeah, ok.....

Agreed Bluedell.

For Kent to be effective we have to have others causing the opposition to be stretched, like we did during the european runs in the last few years, giving the guy some space to work with. The last couple of months we've not had much up front at all for him to work with, I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

Just one last thought on Kent - Is it completely beyond the realms of possibility that he 'does a Goldson'?...

2 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Agreed Bluedell.

For Kent to be effective we have to have others causing the opposition to be stretched, like we did during the european runs in the last few years, giving the guy some space to work with. The last couple of months we've not had much up front at all for him to work with, I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

Just one last thought on Kent - Is it completely beyond the realms of possibility that he 'does a Goldson'?...

I'd be very surprised given, and if you believe it, that there is interest from several, albeit bottom half, EPL clubs. 

57 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I've only really seen interest from shit clubs, just wonder if reality bites....

With more money and better players than us, it might be a bit disrespectful to describe any EPL clubs as "shit".

44 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Burnley, Sheffield United.... I don't care how much cash they have, going from us to any of them will feel like leaving the Ivy and rocking up at a McDonalds drive through.

Fans might think like that but if you're a player leaving Rangers on £15,000/week and rocking up at Burnley for £50,000/week I think most players would think they've made progress.

Anyway, that's not the point, which is that calling other clubs "shit" is just daft.