Old Firm Fixtures Re-schedule?

There is talk that the SPL / SFA want to re-schedule Rangers trip to St Mirren and Celtics home game with Falkirk on November 10 in order to protect the Scottish players from potential injury in order they are fit for Scotlands game against Italy.

Personally I think this is a good idea and the clubs should aid the national team in such a huge game.

We need Ferguson, Hutton, McCulloch, Weir, Brown, McManus and probably Hartley all fully fit and at top of their game for the Italy game.

I can see a few fans thinking the games shouldnt be touched and I can kind of see there point of view. But Id rather see Scotland get to the Euro's next summer and for the sake of 1 saturday, if it helps, then I think its a good idea.

Thoughts?

It shouldnt just be our games, but also all of the SPL games.

There seeing some sense for once, that game on Saturday should have never been played. Biggest game of the season and it's sandwiched in between a big game for Scotland and two big games in europe for either side of the Old Firm

There seeing some sense for once, that game on Saturday should have never been played. Biggest game of the season and it's sandwiched in between a big game for Scotland and two big games in europe for either side of the Old Firm

Yes it should, we pumped them 3-0 on Saturday. If it was re-scheduled for another date the scoreline might've been different. :cheers:

these games are a whole week away from the Italy one so I don't see the problem playing them. You could easily lose someone to injury on the training ground.

IMO a 2 week break might not help them as much as they think!!

these games are a whole week away from the Italy one so I don't see the problem playing them. You could easily lose someone to injury on the training ground.

IMO a 2 week break might not help them as much as they think!!

Yeah I thought about that. I think moving the game back 24 hours to the friday night may help. I remember a Rangers v aberdeen game being moved back to a friday night coz of the league cup final when Raith beat celtic.

I went to the game and McCoist got his 300th Gers goal in a 1-0 win - it was a great atmosphere playing it on a friday night.

Yeah I thought about that. I think moving the game back 24 hours to the friday night may help. I remember a Rangers v aberdeen game being moved back to a friday night coz of the league cup final when Raith beat celtic.

I went to the game and McCoist got his 300th Gers goal in a 1-0 win - it was a great atmosphere playing it on a friday night.

Didn't Huistra hit the bar from just about the halfway line in that game?