Highly rated Austrian Referee Konrad Plautz will take charge of the the Champions League game at Ibrox tomorrow night.

And that could be a lucky omen for Rangers,because Plautz was the man in charge when Rangers drew 1-1 with Inter Milan two years ago when we qualified for the last 16 of the CL.

He was also the Ref at the Parc de Princes last month when Scotland won 1-0.

Plautz has proved he is not intimidated by the glamour clubs as he sent off Cristiano Zanetti at Ibrox in that qualifier and was fiem and fair throughout.

Plautz is a toolmaker to trade and is highly thought of by UEFA and covered the super cup final between AC Milan and Sevilla in Monaco in August.He was also in charge of Milans narrow 1-0 win over Celtic in the last 16 of the champions league last season.

Speaking of refs how come nothing's been done about MacDonald's stamp on McGregor on Saturday ???

I bet it would be different if Craig Gordon was injured right now going into the Italy game next month. Then the SFA would be wrapping McGregor in cotton wool I bet !!

:mad:

Speaking of refs how come nothing's been done about MacDonald's stamp on McGregor on Saturday ???

I bet it would be different if Craig Gordon was injured right now going into the Italy game next month. Then the SFA would be wrapping McGregor in cotton wool I bet !!

:mad:

I think it's cause the ref booked him. If it went unnoticed then he might've been hauled up in front of the discipline panel.