1st Celtic game ticket allocation proposal

20 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I know I am in the minority here, but I would like to go back to a much larger allocation, that hostile atmosphere is unique and what gives our game an international focus. I understand that the allocations have been unfair in the positioning, but that could be fixed if both parties had the desire to do so.

Of course both parties do not have the desire to do so, as they are under pressure from vocal hard-line sections of the support which would rather be staunch than seeing the bigger picture of what this game means to our world-wide appeal and therefore finances.

However giving them the wee corner while we get an out of sight section of the piggery is not right. If we are giving them 700 tickets, it should be in the far corner of the club deck where the tv cameras dont see them.

Why should I and my grandson or any Rangers fan give up his seat to another clubs fans?

17 hours ago, compo said:

I am not up to the rule on cup matches but it would cause fun and games if it was a 50/50 split 

I think it's 20%? However the police ultimately can dictate so it could be (a lot) less.

The choice is stark. A seat can be allocated to either a Celtic fan or one of our own. Surely that’s not such a hard decision to make.

The idea we need Celtic fans to create an atmosphere at Ibrox is preposterous.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

The choice is stark. A seat can be allocated to either a Celtic fan or one of our own. Surely that’s not such a hard decision to make.

The idea we need Celtic fans to create an atmosphere at Ibrox is preposterous.

The last match at Ibrox against them proved we don't need their fans in attendance. The atmosphere was great and less toxic.

I might be wrong, but I think any appetite from Rangers fans for Celtic getting an increased (above 700) allocation comes mostly from our fans who travel to away games ( as they wany an increased allocation at Parkhead).

I stopped going to Parkhead years ago, but can understand those who want to go back to 7,000ish away fans. I used to love the old Rangeds end at Parkhead, but since renovation, have hated all my trips there (well, except when we won the league there lol).

Hopefully we stick to the 700 allocation for the foreseeable (or revert to home fans only). 

Ive been Parkhead four times and never seen a Rangers win and got absolutely no intention of going back. However I prefer more than 800 of them because it creates a better atmosphere but do agree re whole of the Broomloan

On 07/07/2023 at 13:58, CammyF said:

I might be wrong, but I think any appetite from Rangers fans for Celtic getting an increased (above 700) allocation comes mostly from our fans who travel to away games ( as they wany an increased allocation at Parkhead).

I stopped going to Parkhead years ago, but can understand those who want to go back to 7,000ish away fans. I used to love the old Rangeds end at Parkhead, but since renovation, have hated all my trips there (well, except when we won the league there lol).

Hopefully we stick to the 700 allocation for the foreseeable (or revert to home fans only). 

I'm exactly the same as this.

One of my major problem with the bigger allocation is that they get prime seats and we get obstructed seats out of view. It's helping them more than it's helping us, and it almost come across as acting as Celtic's bitches if you want them to have a bigger allocation.

I'm not sure what my view would have been back in the day when I didn't want to miss any domestic games, but I suspect that it wouldn't have been clear cut as it is now (although I was guaranteed an away ticket during the 90s, so I'd have been OK.)

On 07/07/2023 at 13:58, CammyF said:

but since renovation, have hated all my trips there (well, except when we won the league there lol).

My favourite game before the run to Seville. The drive back along PRW after was a sight to behold.