Have you ever played one of those computer driving games where if you get to a check-point before your time runs out then you get 60 seconds or so added to your time and then have to get to the next checkpoint.

Well, using that analogy, Sir Alex just made his first few check points with a second or so to spare but then continued to make them with plenty of time on the clock.

Well Le Guen had a big, "GAME OVER" sign when the clock ticked to zero well short of his first checkpoint - partly due to a few crashes on the way and never being able to get the car into top gear. In fact he struggled to get it out of second.

Read somewhere earlier that PSG have had the worst start to a league campaign in their history under PLG.

Maybe if he is given enough time he can turn it around, but it sounds to me that he is on borrowed time. They play AS Nancy this weekend who are 2nd in Ligue 1 and have lost only once so far this season. PSG have struggled to win at home under PLG this season, so I don't rate his chances of recording a win this weekend either.

PSG have got some quality players in their squad, but for whatever reason they just haven't clicked this year - remind anyone of us last season?

I wish PLG the best of luck, but I really don't rate his chances.

It will be very interesting to see what happens if PSG give him the time to turn it around, and if like some would have you believe, he'll be the next Alex Ferguson.

Will we kick ourselves if he takes them to the top of European football, or will we be indifferent if drags them up to a reasonable level or will we breath a sigh of relief that he's gone - if he takes them to mediocrity or worse?

I hope PSG do give him time to let us see what happens.

Not really to do with PSG/PLG but thought I'd stick it in here. It's Valenciennes against Caen tonight. Is that not Sebo(Valenciennes) against Svennson(Caen)

I watched most of Valenciennes game last week but Sebo played for them just as he did as for us,running about like a headless chicken.

I watched most of Valenciennes game last week but Sebo played for them just as he did as for us,running about like a headless chicken.

You mean his obvious potential still hasn't been realised:) :fish:

If he's up against Svensson tonight he's bound to have a chance of scoring, then again...................