[FT] Rangers 2 (Sakala 38; Taverner 45+1pen) - 1 Hamburg

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Sakala is into the final year of his contract. If we/ he not extending it he should be sold & the money put towards replacing him.

Same goes for Lundstrum & Barasic.

Pretty sure Sakala has 2 years left, didn't he sign a 4 year deal on a Bosman 2 seasons ago?

If anything I'd be looking to give him another couple of years on top if he can supplement the attack this season with 20+ g/a in rotation.

Invaluable.

I was in CF1 today and that drum and the UB songs generally got on my tits a bit.

It's like modern music - no tune and the rhythm is dull.  Ach well, I'm getting auld.  

We had the best songbook in the world but its getting lost amongst the monotonous dross.  

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I was in CF1 today and that drum and the UB songs generally got on my tits a bit.

It's like modern music - no tune and the rhythm is dull.  Ach well, I'm getting auld.  

We had the best songbook in the world but its getting lost amongst the monotonous dross.  

I thought the UBs sounded great today. Since reverting to wearing blue instead of black, they look aesthetically better as well. 

As well as the impressive display, great to hear them chanting Hamburg songs as well.

The UBs started in the CR, looks like they've found their spiritual home. 

As for the drummer....

As I was travelling back from hols today I’ve only just caught up with the match thread, and it seems to have been mission accomplished as far as Beale is concerned. A lot of players got game time and there were no injuries. That is all I look for from these pre-season games, they really mean nothing apart from that. We should be seeing sharpness and our shape improving as these games continue to ensure we are ready for Killie on 5th Aug, when the crucial CL qualifier a few days later.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Why were they boxed in by security? a line up each end by security???. Can't be because of the drums!