Yip agreed 100%.

Some fans can see it so im hoping Walter can soon. We need to play one of these guys in behind the striker rather than pushing Ferguson on.

Id even be happy to allow Burke a central attacking role. He runs with the ball at his feet something ferguson doesnt do.

But Buffel HAS to be given a shot IMO. They guy has loads of talent.

poofel would be last of the long list of players due a chance IMO

hate to agree with gribz, but he called it. faye is abject pish.

but at least he's wrong about buffel, who is likewise unfortunately a waste of a player. got talent, barely uses it. not a Winner.

Not heard of him before :)

But its all about opinions. IMO he would prove people wrong if he gets a run in the team.

it's all about opinons, I would like to see boyd play every week and the team play to our top stikers strengths but that's not going to happen :devil:

again i also think there's many more in front of buffel and don't see why he deserves a chance before them (i.e. not done much in the time he has been here for me) but that's only my opinion mind........

Rangers manager Walter Smith has backed Amdy Faye - despite having substituted the on-loan Charlton midfielder at half time in both his SPL starts.

"He has actually had two really awkward games to play in, away at Tynecastle and away at Tannadice," said Smith.

"Both are very difficult places to go and play in and you have got to appreciate that factor.

"I had to do something more in an attacking sense at the start of the second half to try to mix the game up."

The 30-year-old Faye's latest half-time departure came with Rangers a goal behind to Dundee United, who eventually won 2-1.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

I watch the game and throughout the match I'm thinking to myself, why are we playing 4-5-1 with TWO holding midfielders?

helicopter-sunday

He had made his debut against Hearts but was taken off after just 45 minutes as Rangers slumped to a 4-2 defeat.

Faye has played just one full game for Rangers since starting his season-long loan - a CIS Insurance Cup victory over East Fife.

it's all about opinons, I would like to see boyd play every week and the team play to our top stikers strengths but that's not going to happen :devil:

again i also think there's many more in front of buffel and don't see why he deserves a chance before them (i.e. not done much in the time he has been here for me) but that's only my opinion mind........

Yip opinions. I wouldnt have Boyd in my team unless its the odd game v Falkirk and Co but he would have to play with another striker. One of the main reasons I wouldnt play Boyd is coz he is a statue at times however I believe Boyd's game needs a creator behind him along with a partner - step up Buffel.

I dont think there is many more ahead of Buffel simply because we need players with a creative game and pace and he needs to play in the hole behind the strikers. Only Buffel and Gow are natural in this position. So I want to see players who are natural in a position rather than moving individuals in the current side as that causes sloppy defeats like Sunday.

But Buffel has had chances under the previous two managers and hasn't consistently shown enough to warrant being given another chance.

No doubt he is a far superior player to Faye - but he just doesn't seem to want it enough - he gives the proper sound bites all the time but when he gets his chance he fails to impress.

But Buffel has had chances under the previous two managers and hasn't consistently shown enough to warrant being given another chance.

He wasnt given too much chances and when he did he was well out of position.

I also dont see where he was bad when he did play in his favoured role. I remember the Porto game and the Celtic 3-1 win at Ibrox (Prso, Buffel Novo pen) and he played very well in those games.

Why am I always the only one on here to voice support of certain players (buffel, Sebo)? Im sure there are more people who agree. But then I seem to be the wrong one coz I dont rate Boyd :confused:

I rate Hemdani, Cousin and Novo and I rated McCulloch before he signed so I cant be wrong all the time. I just want those with quality in the team. If there attitude if wrong (albeit timidness, effort etc) then thats Smith and Mccoists job to get them up for it. But i cant see where Buffels attitude is wrong - he has stated he wants to stay and play - he turned down a better offer from Germany in the summer.

You aren't in the wrong because you don't rate Boyd - that is your opinion. It is your logic which sometimes comes across as flawed.

You don't rate Boyd who has scored almost a goal a game but you want Sebo to get runs in the team and he has barely ever scored (even for previous, or present, club). Your logic is that he did a lot of running around against Celtic at Parkhead - that doesn't make him a striker.

Anyway, we have flogged the Sebo vs Boyd horse to death.

I knew you would retort with Buffel being played out of position and, to an extent, that is fair enough. But he has never really shown too much of a desire to fight for the cause.

IMO, and it is only my opinion, I would give Gow a chance first - although I DO have to agree that Buffel is more suited to the "hole" position than Ferguson and I wouldn't be averse to trying Buffel in there with BF playing further back.

I just don't think that Buffel has proven that he really should be starting. Good for him saying he wants to stay and play - it is quite another putting forth the application to warrant a start (although his reserve performances would suggest he deserves a chance).

You aren't wrong all the time. I was one who didn't want McCulloch so am very happy to be proven wrong with that one - the big man has been a great acquisition. Novo has deserved his chance to start for long enough so I agree with you there. I also rate Hemdani but if we are to play a 4-4-2 in the SPL then Hemdani will be the man left out as Thomson plays that position. Hemdani is a quality player but it seems that he is most effective as part of a central midfield 3 - when it is 2 and BF is the other they seem to negate each other's play.

You aren't in the wrong because you don't rate Boyd - that is your opinion. It is your logic which sometimes comes across as flawed.

You don't rate Boyd who has scored almost a goal a game but you want Sebo to get runs in the team and he has barely ever scored (even for previous, or present, club). Your logic is that he did a lot of running around against Celtic at Parkhead - that doesn't make him a striker.

You hit the nail on the head when you said i want Sebo to get a run - thats all I wanted THEN i'll judge him. I dont rate him simply because he put in one good shift against Celtic, that was just one good game.

But with Boyd, this is where i have been misunderstood. Ok i dont rate Boyds work rate but im looking at the team overall. When Boyd plays it takes a player out the team who is going to work for us and its like playing with 10 men. Yes he gets goals but its a team game and we need 11 players all over the park to do the business for us. We have played Boyd for the last 2 seasons and won jack shit and played shit.

The Celtic and Barca games in the last week showed we can play well and score goals (against Celtic) and everyone forgot about Boyd.

I knew you would retort with Buffel being played out of position and, to an extent, that is fair enough. But he has never really shown too much of a desire to fight for the cause.

The argument about Buffel being out of position is totally fair enough. I can bet if Davie Weir was playing left back then everyone would ask the questions. But simply because Buffel is a certain type of attacker people think he should still be brilliant playing right or left wing. To an extent he should still have ability in those places but if Weir did play LB then moved into the centre we would see the difference - Im sure if Buffel gets moved then we will see the difference aswell.

Maybe I should have used Craig Moore as an example. He used to play midfield under Smith first time and was booed, then Advocaat signed him back and he turned out to be a first pick at the back and the fans loved him during DA's CL run.