[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

Possibly a bit more defensive a starting XI than we expected but it's also solid against a Killie outfit that will have plenty energy to compete at home in the first game of the league season. Plenty options from the bench as game opens up. Fine by me...

21 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I'd hazard a guess at a fluid 4-4-2 with this lineup, with Dowell and Sima tucking in when defending and then a box in possession with Dowell and Lammers as the 10's.

Could be wrong though.

I said it earlier in the week. I can see this moving to a 3-5-2 with Lundstram sitting in with Goldson and Souttar. Much like he did under Gio in Europe. Barasic and Tav pushing on and providing width. 

---Goldson------Souttar---

----------Lundstram-------

Tav-----------------Barasic

-----Raskin------Dowell----

----------Lammars---------

---Sima----------Dessers--

If that is the case we will have the huge bulk of the ball IMO.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Possibly a bit more defensive a starting XI than we expected but it's also solid against a Killie outfit that will have plenty energy to compete at home in the first game of the league season. Plenty options from the bench as game opens up. Fine by me...

I see this as the opposite. We want the FBs providing width and Lundstram is the safety net for the CBs. 

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I said it earlier in the week. I can see this moving to a 3-5-2 with Lundstram sitting in with Goldson and Souttar. Much like he did under Gio in Europe. Barasic and Tav pushing on and providing width. 

---Goldson------Souttar---

----------Lundstram-------

Tav-----------------Barasic

-----Raskin------Dowell----

----------Lammars---------

---Sima----------Dessers--

If that is the case we will have the huge bulk of the ball IMO.

We have seen our 6 drop between the CBs in pre-season, whether Raskin or Lundstram.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I see this as the opposite. We want the FBs providing width and Lundstram is the safety net for the CBs. 

Definitely another way of looking at it. As much as Lundstram has his flaws and critics, his versatility remains useful.

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I didn't know that. Missed all the games. I would rather it was Lundstram drop in and Raskin pushing on. 

It was just whomever was playing as the 6; Lundstram didn't play all the time. 

I agree that Raskin is better getting forward. I feel like I'm in the minority, there, though.

I want to see Dowell as the 6. I'm definitely in the minority, there!

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It was just whomever was playing as the 6; Lundstram didn't play all the time. 

I agree that Raskin is better getting forward. I feel like I'm in the minority, there, though.

I want to see Dowell as the 6. I'm definitely in the minority, there!

Either way Rousseau, one things for sure, we have options for the first time in ages. Our bench is very strong. Really hope Sima plays well today as he looks like he his touch is out and confidence is low.