[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

How early in next week’s commentary will Squealum McLeod or whatever other idiot is doing it, come out with “Cantwell, lucky to be playing this match ….. “?

Is there a sweepstake in this?

Edited by Scott7

54 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Well, you cannae wear a jaiket wi’ a jerkin but apart from that, he’s impressive.

On the subject of impressive, I assume the foreign journos were Dutch. Can you imagine oor boys from PQ and the Record doing that next week in Dutch? Me neither. In fact, if they could do it in English it would be a step up.

Fashion loyal.

13 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'd be interested to know whose place he would take if he is to come back.

I think he is another example of a player who can fill a few different postions. 

he can play in a midfield 3

he can play as a 10 behind the strikers

can play as a wide player who will move inside (inverted wide player the xG kids call them i think)

Watched the game back and Ally sounds like he's still got a chip on his shoulder about the managers job, uber negative with the odd 'it's been a brilliant game'.

I'll happily listen to him in the studio but he just can't commentate on Rangers games, he sounds so unsatisfied and exasperated every time. Shame that a lot of our ex-players are apologists.

Other than that I think we can be confident going to PSV, most of their shots were outside the area and we made just as many good chances with less shots which speaks to how bad they are defensively.

Let's go.

Just another post script from Tuesday. We go into the 2nd leg on Wednesday having won every two legged tie since getting beat by Malmo. The irony being Malmo were .

nowhere near the level of the teams we went on to beat. 

Dortmund

Red Star

Braga

Leipzig

Union SG.

PSV

In the meantime I believe the Tims haven't won a two legged tie in Europe in over 20 years. 

23 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just another post script from Tuesday. We go into the 2nd leg on Wednesday having won every two legged tie since getting beat by Malmo. The irony being Malmo were .

nowhere near the level of the teams we went on to beat. 

Dortmund

Red Star

Braga

Leipzig

Union SG.

PSV

In the meantime I believe the Tims haven't won a two legged tie in Europe in over 20 years. 

You know the most impressive technically out of those teams was Red Star for me for the cost of their XI, PSV are up there but they've spent a lot.

We should've got a draw away in Belgrade as well if it wasn't for a pity penalty.

Also since Gerrard isn't Malmö the only qualifier we've lost? That's not bad going. I think we can do it in Eindhoven.